Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Quick question: Approx. value of a Bart Giamatti auto'd ball?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moonlight Graham

Aug 7, 2008
Renton, WA
I would appriecate a concensus of opinions on how much a Bobby Brown Official American League ball autographed by Bart Giamatti would be worth if there is a personalized inscription? "to Col. John, All Best, Bart Giamatti.

Obviously worht more if you happen to be named Col. John... ;)

Thanks for any and all opinions!

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Maybe $300 or so depending on the location of the signature and personalization. Price could probably go from $200-400 I'd think.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
I met his son Paul, the actor a couple of weeks ago, he came into where I work.

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
shopgoodwill.com - #12992423 - Baseball Autographed by Bart Gravretto - 4/25/2013 10:27:25 AM

I took a shot and bought the Bart Gravretto... It'll be nice to authenticate (haven't gotten stuck yet on a Goodwill auto ball). Thanks for helping... JBrown, it was too late to ask if you were bidding too... got my bid in with about 14 seconds left... after I saw Height & Weight Proportional Hockey's reply.

Don't worry, I didn't bid. I just didn't like to location of the signature. The Billy Martin ball that was on there was pretty nice though.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
FYI:

Real sweet spot single signed giamatti balls (non personalized), I will pay $800 per!

I have one in my collection now, on which Pete rose added "Bart, I am sorry I bet on baseball"

Last one of these I had I sold at 2400.00!!!!

BG

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I met his son Paul, the actor a couple of weeks ago, he came into where I work.
That's cool. I didn't know Paul Giamatti was his son.
I just looked up his filmography, and of the dozens of movies and shows he's been in, not one is about baseball.
I wonder if he's a baseball fan, or just never got the chance to be in a baseball movie.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
That's cool. I didn't know Paul Giamatti was his son.
I just looked up his filmography, and of the dozens of movies and shows he's been in, not one is about baseball.
I wonder if he's a baseball fan, or just never got the chance to be in a baseball movie.
I work at the alma mater of his' library and he was doing a play here, he has been here for like a month. One of the guys I work with graduated with him and is good friends with him. Not sure why he has never done a baseball movie, in fact, he probably would have been good in 42. I saw this in an interview of his: [h=6]Speaking of sports, your father was the commissioner of major league baseball for a brief time in the late ‘80s.[/h]Giamatti: I never really took advantage of the perks the way that I could have and maybe should have. I had a real love of baseball that my father instilled in me, but I was much younger then and thought I’d have a lot of time to see the World Series and playoffs with him. And then you suddenly have that time taken away.

Members online

Latest posts