Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 LEAF INSCRIPTIONS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
I like the idea!! I would like bigger photos, a horizontal layout, and a srp around $80.. I think this will do well!
Agreed. Pics are too small. Too much boring white space. Font looks like every other set Leaf has put out so far.

And if I am reading the sell sheet correctly, $80-100 for 1 auto is WAY too much imho.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Sad stuff about Flair but does it really surprise anybody?

As for the XXXXXing about the content of the product, come on guys! It's like every other product anybody else puts out. Boxes routinely sell for $100 these days of damn near any product and plenty of them have what you would term " loser potential". It's not any different in any sport in any brand. How many of you busting triple threads, bowman, base topps, etc., have had loser boxes?

At least admit you just don't like leaf, stay away from his products, and call it a day already.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
Agreed. Pics are too small. Too much boring white space. Font looks like every other set Leaf has put out so far.

And if I am reading the sell sheet correctly, $80-100 for 1 auto is WAY too much imho.

What do you think it costs to get quality names to do quality Inscriptions? You normally have to buy a 500.00 box to get inscriptions like this...

It may not be for you, but I am sure it will be for many collectors who want something different than a tired plain cal Ripken sticker autograph..BG

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
As long as Leaf keeps putting out products and Brian keeps turning every
thread into a dick measuring contest, the song will remain the same.

I didn't start this thread.. I merely shared my opinion which varies from that of the usual suspects..

As someone who tends to have an opinion, surely you don't begrudge me sharing mine?

Last edited:

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
It's difficult to have a normal conversation about any product without the owner chiming in to defend and bet.

Topps doesn't do it.

Panini doesn't do it.

It's a typical leaf product - there are a ton of great cards to be had, where one can double or triple or quadruple one's money, and there will be a ton of loser cards where one's $80-100 magically turns into $5-25. But Godforfreakingbid that someone bring that up in a conversation without being insulted by the owner being told that they don't know what they're talking about.

And no, I'll stop you now, I won't have a live debate about the value of these cards, and I won't bet you $2,000 that no card will ever sell for less than $10 as this data can certainly be manipulated with your wealth of eBay IDs. Just sit back and let people talk about your product and let it organically succeed or fail.

It's a nice idea (that Donruss came up with 20 years ago) that no one is currently implementing today. I'm sure many of the cards will do well and the product will sell out.

You will never learn. Your opinion would carry far more weight if you ever looked at any situation with any balance at all.
Save the drama for the courtroom.

My point was that you made a comment about how you perceived the value. I presented my opinion saying I would bet you were wrong.
Is my opinion less valid than yours because I am a manufacturer? Does my 30 years of hobby experience mean nothing because I run a card company?
BG

p.s.- you say I "manipulate" values... are you stating this as fact? anxious to hear an answer..... on the contrary, you admitted bidding up cards to try to impact "perceived value"...

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
Interesting concept. Though not really something I will be looking to bust.

BG - I really appreciate your participation. However, you come off very childish when your response to a reasonable criticism is to throw's around your willingness "to bet". Just respond with your opinions and it will be received significantly better.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
Interesting concept. Though not really something I will be looking to bust.

BG - I really appreciate your participation. However, you come off very childish when your response to a reasonable criticism is to throw's around your willingness "to bet". Just respond with your opinions and it will be received significantly better.

Thanks.. BG

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Will we get to see a checklist? I am interested but the lower tier names worry me.

Still digging the concept though!

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
You will never learn. Your opinion would carry far more weight if you ever looked at any situation with any balance at all.

Save the drama for the courtroom.

My point was that you made a comment about how you perceived the value. I presented my opinion saying I would bet you were wrong.
Is my opinion less valid than yours because I am a manufacturer? Does my 30 years of hobby experience mean nothing because I run a card company?
BG

p.s.- you say I "manipulate" values... are you stating this as fact? anxious to hear an answer..... on the contrary, you admitted bidding up cards to try to impact "perceived value"...

I never stated that you manipulate values. REad, man, and stop looking for a fight. I wrote

"And no, I'll stop you now, I won't have a live debate about the value of these cards, and I won't bet you $2,000 that no card will ever sell for less than $10 as this data can certainly be manipulated with your wealth of eBay IDs. Just sit back and let people talk about your product and let it organically succeed or fail."

Let me spell it out for you. You're a smart man, but apparently have some reading comprehension issues. If I were to bet you the standard BG bet of $2,000, that no auto will sell for less than $10 on eBay, you can take a number of eBay IDs and continually bid $10 on each and every autograph listed.

And yes, I "admitted" that I was bidding up Leaf cards to impact perceived value because, sadly, the Leaf Valiant/Metal cards had no real value. Those I won, I happily paid for. Nice red herring, Mr. Gray.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Anything VS Leaf is annoying. Creative criticism is one thing. Flat out hating is another. I like some things Leaf does and hate others. BG knows that I've been vocal about the stuff I hate. I just don't get the people going on and on who don't buy it. Why? You're not losing anything. If you have suggestions to make products into something that you may buy, awesome. If not, what are you trying to achieve? I like that Leaf gives us some variety and something to choose from. Other than Topps, what is there, Panini? lol

Last edited:

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
You guys ever take really bad cough syrup as a kid? Jeff's posts are like that. Really hard to swallow without making a face. If he was at least funny he'd mask that bitter taste. C'mon Jeff, sweeten up a little.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
You guys ever take really bad cough syrup as a kid? Jeff's posts are like that. Really hard to swallow without making a face. If he was at least funny he'd mask that bitter taste. C'mon Jeff, sweeten up a little.

Passive aggressive douchebaggery that is comical only in the fact that he is mostly one noted.

It's went from the constant "pat me on the back, 'look what I did'" to the current arsenic-laced ramblings of a woman scorned.

Every single Leaf thread...here comes Jeff riding in on his horse...backwards while drooling, rambling and muttering. Always portraying like he doesn't care, yet with his waterhead intuition, darting in with his bag of Cheetos to clown up the day.

We get it Jeff...you're the best and Brian is the worst. You're good looking and he's not attractive...(proceed with the rest in your best Happy Gilmore voice).

Can we get a trophy for Jeff at this point? Something like a 2x2 sideways trying to get through a doorway would suffice.

At least a hearty and collective "thank you" is in order. Perhaps a bronze bust in his honor for being such a great individual and savior for the hobby by always taking the time to point out when Brian may have a hair out of place.

Bravo counseler, Bravo.

Sent from a handheld, intergalactic communicator.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Bob Loblaw vs. Leaf is starting to get annoying...

No XXXX it is. Godforfrickingbid I post one thing about a product that I actually had some interest in - I didn't disparage the product, I said that there were a lot of nice cards, and a lot of losers - like every Leaf product, or any premium product.

Bigdickswinger has to come in and bet me that I don't know what I'm talking about. When I explain why I won't bet, because he CAN manipulate the results, he comes back and twists my words around in an attempt to create slander, insinuating that he manipulates the market (which, AFAIK, he does not do). Perhaps you missed that touch, but it was a clear attempt to create slander, which he no doubt would sue me for (this was already threatened).

All I said was let your product organically fail or succeed on it's own. It's hard to discuss a product when the manufacturer is here threatening to sue anyone if there's the least bit of criticism. I didn't come here saying "yawn" or "Leaf sucks". I discussed the product, and I didn't even disparage it! But leave it to Bigdickswinger to try to start something.

It was my understanding that the 2nd incarnation of the Leaf Forum was to avoid Bigdickswinger to come into normal threads and allow him to puff his product there. I guess not.

When we talked for about an hour and a half, BDS, you all but begged me to give your product another chance. I almost did on this product, yet you come here and insult me and want to bet me. Grow up, and stop acting like a spoiled rich kid.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts