Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Carlos Gomez is a sack of crap.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
I think Cole is a ****** bag. Gomez would have not reacted without Cole mouthing off. Neither are right.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I think Cole is a ****** bag. Gomez would have not reacted without Cole mouthing off. Neither are right.

Gomez isn't right.

But the situation was created by Cole's mouth.
[MENTION=1720]cgilmo[/MENTION] and no one else have any reason to be pissed at Gomez. You want someone to blame, blame Cole for his classlessness.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
Cole should be happy Gomez show boated or else this game would be over. If Gomez hustled out of the box he would have had an in the park HR.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Cole should be happy Gomez show boated or else this game would be over. If Gomez hustled out of the box he would have had an in the park HR.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

I honestly don't think he would have.

But that was a fantastic play by the so-called MVP of the NL. Good play poser.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
For what it's worth, I like that McCann stuck up for his guys and Gomez was out of line there. This incident? A stretch to make the jump to calling Gomez a menace. Cole was very clearly the guy "going around being a dick all the time"

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
For what it's worth, I like that McCann stuck up for his guys and Gomez was out of line there. This incident? A stretch to make the jump to calling Gomez a menace. Cole was very clearly the guy "going around being a dick all the time"

Wasnt the McCann situation from an issue that happened the last game of the previous season. If I remember correctly the Braves drilled Gomez on Purpose and then did so at the beginning of the next season. I could be wrong but I feel like that was why he went off during that game.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Wasnt the McCann situation from an issue that happened the last game of the previous season. If I remember correctly the Braves drilled Gomez on Purpose and then did so at the beginning of the next season. I could be wrong but I feel like that was why he went off during that game.

Maholm plunked him earlier in the year, Go Go remembered it at Turner Field, jawed with McCann, told him he was going yard, (Maholm pitched) Go Go went yard and was talking. Who cares ? If you don't want him to go yard, don't tell your beer league soft tossing pitcher to throw a hanging curve ball that Go Go will hit 25 rows up. I wish someone would've lit McCann's world up then. He and Cole, two mega *******.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ

Pretty much sums up what I think

Gerrit wants to talk XXXX but wasnt prepared to deal with the consequences

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
RING.jpg

boys play nice or knuckle sandwich

Last edited:

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Remember the 150+ innings that Cole pitched in the major leagues? Me neither.

He was just pissed that he had to talk to Gomez while Gomez was standing at 3rd base.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
What Gomez did was not bad at all. I saw Griffey, Sosa, Bonds and Thomas do a lot worse. As far as what Cole said. Well you can hear him say "Just run the effen ball out next time" If you ask me Cole was a dumb ass for going to 3rd yelling that at Gomez. Cole should just have waited until his next at bat and DRILLED him in the ASS! In baseball you have to ask yourself, What would Nolan Ryan have done?

1. Hey Gomez, I dont care if you hit it in the river, RUN THE DAMN BALL OUT AND SHOW SOME EFFORT! I hope the next time this happns, he gets thrown out by 10 feet! NO EXCUSE FOR A LACK OF EFFORT!!!!

2. Gerrit, next time, either A. Throw a better pitch or B. Drill him in the back and move on

jaydub

Jun 18, 2010
Arvada, CO
Gomez started a home run trot because let's face it, 9 times out of 10 that blast would have been out. He realizes it stayed in the yard and still legs out the triple. So far I don't see anything wrong.

Cole comes over and talks XXXX and the whole thing goes crazy. Gomez is wrong for taking the confrontation physical but the whole damn thing wouldn't have been even started if Cole kept his mouth shut and got over losing the at bat. Basically the whole thing was avoidable in my mind.

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
1. Hey Gomez, I dont care if you hit it in the river, RUN THE DAMN BALL OUT AND SHOW SOME EFFORT! I hope the next time this happns, he gets thrown out by 10 feet! NO EXCUSE FOR A LACK OF EFFORT!!!!

2. Gerrit, next time, either A. Throw a better pitch or B. Drill him in the back and move on

Gomez got a triple....if there was no effort, he would have just ended up with a double. Confused by that comment.

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
Gomez started a home run trot because let's face it, 9 times out of 10 that blast would have been out. He realizes it stayed in the yard and still legs out the triple. So far I don't see anything wrong.

Cole comes over and talks XXXX and the whole thing goes crazy. Gomez is wrong for taking the confrontation physical but the whole damn thing wouldn't have been even started if Cole kept his mouth shut and got over losing the at bat. Basically the whole thing was avoidable in my mind.

Completely agree with you. I don't understand the XXXXXing about Gomez, so many other star players (as others have mentioned) got in meaningless fights. Cole is the one that started this. I have a hard time believing if anyone here was in the same position, you would just turn your back to what Cole would have said to you.

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009

I was just watching the whole fight again on Quick Pitch and Gomez didn't get physical until Snider came over and started flexing on him like he wanted to throw down. Gomez swung on him and then it all went down. Gomez and Cole were just jaw jacking at each other. If Snider doesnt come running over flexing on Gomez I don't think it gets physical.

If Gomez puts his head down and hustles out of the box and Cole shuts his mouth it is a non-issue.

Members online

Latest posts