Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Carlos Gomez is a sack of crap.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bootstraps9

Feb 4, 2014
You can't be upset about Gomez going to punches unless you are on the field and heard what was said to him. Cole clearly started it by being a crybaby about giving up a hit. Gomez started the punching, but we don't know what was said. As I think Mitch Williams always says: If you don't want to get hot dogged by a hitter, throw a better pitch.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Nope, still amazed anyone would side with Gomez on either incident. I guess that kind of thing flies these days. Hey, I'm going to be unnecessarily violent in my daily life too. See you guys in prison.

I'm also going to go around being a dick all the time. Gee what a great life!

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Why are you amazed? The instigator isnt gomez and that isnt debatable. You wanted a way to remove blame from mccann for his actions and it doesnt play here. Gerrit cole needs to stfu and pitch.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

agree but Gomez needs to be able to control himself

not knowing what Cole said but could it have been that bad to make Gomez want to hit him, probably not.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Nope, still amazed anyone would side with Gomez on either incident. I guess that kind of thing flies these days. Hey, I'm going to be unnecessarily violent in my daily life too. See you guys in prison.

I'm also going to go around being a dick all the time. Gee what a great life!

Yeah, because playing a sport for a living is real life. Until you know the whole story you're trying to let mccann off the hook for seeming like an idiot.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Why are you amazed? The instigator isnt gomez and that isnt debatable. You wanted a way to remove blame from mccann for his actions and it doesnt play here. Gerrit cole needs to stfu and pitch.

We so rarely agree, but on this matter, we're 150% in agreement.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Tim... Brian McCann didn't confront Gomez because he stared at a home run. He did it because he jawed at each of his teammates individually. That kind of behavior has no place in baseball and needs to be addressed when it happens. If you don't agree on that, then I don't know what to tell you.

trauty

Oct 8, 2010
I think it's a non-issue. People seem to think fights (and hot-headed, passionate players) are a new development. Was George Brett a punk that should have been kicked out of the league? In 1st inning of game 5 of the 1977 ALCS George Brett slid hard into third, Nettles kicked him then Brett came up swinging. Amazingly enough, neither player was ejected.
And, who could forget Brett coming out of the dugout like a crazed lunatic after his HR was disallowed due to excessive pine tar.

Baseball needs passionate players, and while Gomez should have turned the other cheek, Cole should have shut his mouth.

Bootstraps9

Feb 4, 2014
You blame Gomez for McCann blocking the plate, and you blame Gomez for Cole starting it. So if Gomez starts it by talking and McCann gets in his face it's Gomez fault, and if Cole starts it by talking and Gomez gets in his face it's also Gomez's fault. Sounds like you are just a Braves fan with some butthurtness for Gomez. Otherwise, I don't see how both could reasonably be argued to be his fault. Either McCann and Gomez or Cole and Gomez.

Members online