Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1 per direct acct!! What does that mean to you?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Prospect Rush

Sep 9, 2011
Canada
Just spoke to Brian at length via phone. Appreciated him calling me after I emailed him but trying to get a point in was frustrating. It seemed the only way I could speak was to yell.

Leaf's position-

* They will distribute how they see fit.
* They have done nothing wrong with the sell sheet.
* If you order more from us we will give you more of hot product's even if the solicitation says the complete opposite.
* Everything on the internet about any shady dealings in the past is untrue.
* Since i'm a "new customer" I have no business questioning them.

I don't agree obviously...

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
so basically, if you spend Millions you can buy 50% of a product when the allocation says 1 per direct acct.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Just spoke to Brian at length via phone. Appreciated him calling me after I emailed him but trying to get a point in was frustrating. It seemed the only way I could speak was to yell.

Leaf's position-

* If you order more from us we will give you more of hot product's even if the solicitation says the complete opposite.

Wow...this is gonna get ugly.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
My LCS cut his Leaf orders way back because of the same bullXXXX. This isn't something that is new with Memories.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

JTfor3

Mar 5, 2009

Leaf's position-

If I may summarize:

* F*ck you, I can do whatever I want, regardless of my word/what I officially print
* Everything you say/hear is false and you have no right questioning me because you are a newbie

Sounds pretty legit and professional to me.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL

Leaf's position-

As someone who's talked to BG on the phone a few times, IMO, that doesn't sound like him at all. He wasn't at all hard to talk to, didn't have any sense of self-entitlement, and was open to any and all opinions I had to offer.

I can't speak to the distribution of his products, as that wasn't a topic we discussed.

But, out of curiosity, how many times has a Topps, UD or Panini rep even discussed such matters with a consumer?

Last edited:

marterburn

Doesnt seem like a good idea for a company to alienate the majority of their purchasers, does it?

And then they basically say, 'hey, we can lie to you if we want'. When does that ever work out in the long run?

wasnt bg on here a few days before release and aiding in hyping this up? Seems a little hypocritical, if you dont consider the ego involved...

Sent from my SCH-I400 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
The 1/acct presents a world in which the product is tough to get, however, a few big buyers get more. The product ends up being less scarce but before anyone figures it out the big dogs have made a nice sum.

Check out sale prices on wax, from those I have spoken to the influx of price was a reaction to the 1/acct directive.

bcubs

Apr 8, 2009
Springfield, IL
I'm heading out to do some holiday shopping but can't wait to get home later and read through this over a few beers. As good as this product is, if that's really the conversation that occurred, that could be a real blow to future business from many people on this board who are consumers of Leaf products.

deaconblues63

Oct 25, 2012
Let's set the over/under now for both incredibly large monetary bets proposed and lawsuits threatened.

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
You guys crack me up. This is the real world business people. If you are in business you'd damned well better treat your best customers with VIP benefits. That's not shady business practice, it's smart business.

Leaf has no licensing body or anyone else to answer to as a company, no guidelines to follow & no penalties to be sanctioned by if they piss people off. As long as they don't cross legal lines they can do, say, make, sanction, make promises & lie all they want.

The good news is you can start your own unlicensed card business, and all you have to do is do a better job than Leaf & you'll get all their business.

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
As someone who's talked to BG on the phone a few times, IMO, that doesn't sound like him at all. He wasn't at all hard to talk to, didn't have any sense of self-entitlement, and was open to any and all opinions I had to offer.

I can't speak to the distribution of his products, as that wasn't a topic we discussed.

But, out of curiosity, how many times has a Topps, UD or Panini rep even discussed such matters with a consumer?

If you are a niche seller in this industry, Leaf has to go the extra effort to gain sales. But Brian is still a pompous SOB.

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
Let's set the over/under now for both incredibly large monetary bets proposed and lawsuits threatened.

I'm going to set the line at 3.5 .....

Why doesn't someone turn the tables and threaten to sue him. I'm sure we'll see Bob Loblaw come out of the woodwork and rationalize how a lawsuit could be drawn up. I have no dog in this fight though, I have never purchased a Leaf single, box or case. BG is as shady as they come IMO. First it was Razor, second it was the Purple Refractors that were sold to BigBoyd, now this. It's always something with him and you people still continue to give him your money. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me three plus times, you get rich.

And to answer JPs question. Obviously none of the other companies communicate like Brian does. He takes time to hear complaints, however, how many times has Topps threatened to sue a board member? How many times has Panini tried to bet someone an absurd amount of money that they are right? BG has already taken the money and now he'll just use it to flex his wallet around. Happens every year it seems.

Kudos to Brian though, homeboy kicks you guys in the nuts all the time, and you run back again for more.

jimmyjam1973

Aug 9, 2008
Schertz, TX
so basically, if you spend Millions you can buy 50% of a product when the allocation says 1 per direct acct.

To me just like the big case breakers getting their Bowman a few days before release day and get top price on all the cards they list. Just because they spend thousands they shouldn't get it before release day. And if it says 1 per direct account, they should stick to that policy.

timfsu2k

Jul 8, 2009
Kentucky
I'm going to set the line at 3.5 .....

Why doesn't someone turn the tables and threaten to sue him. I'm sure we'll see Bob Loblaw come out of the woodwork and rationalize how a lawsuit could be drawn up. I have no dog in this fight though, I have never purchased a Leaf single, box or case. BG is as shady as they come IMO. First it was Razor, second it was the Purple Refractors that were sold to BigBoyd, now this. It's always something with him and you people still continue to give him your money. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me three plus times, you get rich.

And to answer JPs question. Obviously none of the other companies communicate like Brian does. He takes time to hear complaints, however, how many times has Topps threatened to sue a board member? How many times has Panini tried to bet someone an absurd amount of money that they are right? BG has already taken the money and now he'll just use it to flex his wallet around. Happens every year it seems.

Kudos to Brian though, homeboy kicks you guys in the nuts all the time, and you run back again for more.

I thought you were not allowed to comment on Leaf or their business practices unless you have spent a substantial amount of money with them??

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts