Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

109 Bowman Blue Wave Redemption Packs - Screwed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

minors4me

Apr 16, 2010
I've counted 1216 (just over 12% of production) packs busted with only 89 autos pulled (1/13.66) didn't count reds but seems to be real close to 1 in 4 packs.

some quick ebay searches:
"blue wave" active-1355 completed-1625
"blue wave auto" active-73 completed-123
"red wave" active-258 completed-426

~~~clearly a case of bad luck~~~

THANKS TOPPS/TOPPS EMPLOYEE(S)

edit: the best odds i've seen
autos/packs
1/6
3/25
2/20x2
4/41
2/22
17/170 (received 80 extra packs, but it's ok because he's very generous ;))​

Last edited:

danimal

Dec 28, 2009
I've counted 1216 (just over 12% of production) packs busted with only 89 autos pulled (1/13.66) didn't count reds but seems to be real close to 1 in 4 packs.

some quick ebay searches:
"blue wave" active-1355 completed-1625
"blue wave auto" active-73 completed-123
"red wave" active-258 completed-426

~~~clearly a case of bad luck~~~

For the blue wave autos you didn't remove the spam for packs --> -pack*. If you add that to your search:

"blue wave auto" active-66 completed-88 - 154 Total
"red wave" active-163 completed-298 - 461 Total

If all 38 subjects signed 50 cards there should be 1900 total autos and 2750 red waves. Right now it is 3-1 red waves to autos! So the question has to be asked, Did all 38 players sign? If so where are the other half of the autos???

noaskiecards

Sep 19, 2008
Has everyone seen 1 auto for each of 38???

When will topps announce an official checklist or assumed match to prospect checklist

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Odds really mean nothing, if you buy 100 boxes if you dont get the correct amount of refractors they where just in other boxes. I am not sure what the problem is here. In no way do the odds say if you open 100 packs you will get x amount of autos and y amount of reds, the good cards (which are still figured in the odds) went else where.

We aren't talking about being shorted 3-4 refractors out of 100 boxes. We are talking about being shorted 16 auto's #'d/50 when he should've had 20. If you can't see where the major discrepancy lies, then I'm not sure anyone will be able to help you understand.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
~Receiving extra packs over what you are supposed to get is perfectly fine... not getting a certain number out autos even if no specific number is promised... PREPOSTEROUS! Clearly, there is CRIMINAL ACTIVITY HAPPENING!~

So it's clear here and by reading your numerous other posts throughout the years that you prefer to play the contrarian. That's fine, but you and some others here are missing the point. The mathematical odds (I understand they weren't stated) say that red waves are 1:3.64 packs and autos are 1:5.25 packs. In 155 total packs I received EXACTLY on the mathematical odds (once again, not stated odds). Yet the other insert, the auto, I received 1/5th the mathematical odds (once again to drill into your head that I understand, not stated odds). Does that not seem the least bit shady considering that these packs are HAND COLLATED!!! Seriously, you want to play the contrarian, be contrary to that? How can they manage to seed the red waves perfectly but the autos are missing so dramatically?

As for the questions about the auto checklist, Topps has confirmed via Twitter that all 38 subjects were inserted as Blue Wave Autos, so it is 1900 autos. Even if they held a few back of each for replacements you're still looking at mathematical odds of 1:6 packs.

dp33

Jun 2, 2009
For the blue wave autos you didn't remove the spam for packs --> -pack*. If you add that to your search:

If all 38 subjects signed 50 cards there should be 1900 total autos and 2750 red waves. Right now it is 3-1 red waves to autos! So the question has to be asked, Did all 38 players sign? If so where are the other half of the autos???

There is also the non-auto spam - saw a few of those. And then the listings with autograph instead of auto. I wish more people would have looked into your suggestion that maybe not all 38 signed. Alas, I have counted at least 36 of them, so it appears that the number is at least close to that.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA

One more small problem with this math. "Hypothetically" if these autos are getting back-doored, wouldn't the buyer be selling them on ebay?

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
wow, guy over on blowout got 80 extra packs, yet I couldn't get my 9. I think topps is going to be taking an early Memorial Day break today.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
What strikes me as really odd is that on two different occasions, Jim has busted packs in large quantity and gotten the EXACT # of Red Wave cards he should have but been majorly shorted on the autos both times as well.

If that doesn't scream "fishy" to anyone, then you have a relative that works for Topps (or something).

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
If I'm topps, and the packs do show up from the printers in boxes labeled "non autos" and "autos" the last thing I am going to do is send them in those boxes! DUH

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
So just to be clear once again, there were no stated odds.

So let me ask something else, did they ever acknowledge every auto was inserted into a pack?

Yes. I spoke with Mark Sapir on the phone yesterday and he did just that. He said that as long as every auto was packed out he didn't care how they were distributed from there.

Members online

Latest posts