Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

'13 Pastime: HOF Signed Card Ed Baseball - Draft!!! -7 open, break 5/12 9:33pm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
There were 25 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

1. 3 - Captain Featherswor
  2. 22 - gogosox40
  3. 19
  4. 13 - jfinley
  5. 12
  6. 21 - Captain Featherswor
  7. 11 - bigalbet
  8. 4 - osappy1
  9. 23 - jhmini
  10. 15 - jhmini
  11. 25 - Contest- highphat
  12. 8
  13. 16
  14. 7 - SteelBrad
  15. 2 - cr0wl3y
  16. 6 - hockeyfights
  17. 20
  18. 17 - bigalbert
  19. 10 - Erich
  20. 24 - stangy24
  21. 9 - jhmini
  22. 18
  23. 14
  24. 1 - gogosox40
  25. 5 - jhmini
Timestamp: 2013-05-13 01:33:02 UTC
You have randomized this list 3 times.

SteelBrad

Mar 2, 2013
Pastime HOF Draft Thread

I need the Grimes, but that is a gawd awful unlicensed card... I'll take the Banks 99 Retro. Next up [MENTION=2078]bigalbert[/MENTION]

I think that the downside of this set will be the fact that there are all these unlicensed or reprints cards for these players (a 92 Ziploc card for Rollie Fingers, you mean that was cheaper than a 78 Topps card?)

Couldn't agree more. Terrible choices of cards to be signed. That coupled with the fact they aren't stabbed makes this an absolute flop.

SteelBrad

Mar 2, 2013
Pastime HOF Draft Thread

The choice of the card to get signed really isn't an option since these were all purchased already signed. Not every one of them is slabbed, but they all come with full authentication. Come on.

You're telling me things I already know. The sampling we just witnessed was atrocious. The design of the box was good, though. +1 for that.

SteelBrad

Mar 2, 2013
Pastime HOF Draft Thread

I understand what you're saying. But, this product (and any of their future products) will suffer for the reasons I have mentioned. Pastime has/had the option to steer clear of the oddball cards for some of the older players. But I understand vintage would increase their cost.

I'm just glad I'm out $50 and not the collective grand we all spent on this.

Last edited:

A_Pharis

I don't think you do understand what I am saying.

Did you honestly dive into a $50 break being only guaranteed a HoF auto and think that they'd be on premium cards?
I really think that's what you're digging for. Sure, it's easy to say "Wow, I wish these we got were on such a such year/brand" - but do that across an entire release. You know what adding even $5 - $10 per card to make sure it's on a "better" card does to the overall cost of the product? Not to mention needing to be able to FIND the cards.

I believe some of you - even if it WERE all premium years/brands - would still find something to nitpick. At the end of the day, the product delivered a range of ALL HoF autos. Go find me another modern product for this price per box that is ALL HoF autos. Also, send me your PayPal - I'll gladly pay you $12 for your spot.

A_Pharis

I understand what you're saying. But, this product (and any of their future products) will suffer for the reasons I have mentioned. Pastime has/had the option to steer clear of the oddball cards for some of the older players. But I understand vintage would increase their cost.

I'm just glad I'm out $50 and not the collective grand we all spent on this.

I see you edited out where you said you wanted your turn skipped, because you planned on cashing in the "$12 buyback". Way to stick to your guns. Realized that foot didn't taste to good once you saw you could probably still grab something worth over $12, huh?

SteelBrad

Mar 2, 2013
Pastime HOF Draft Thread

You do realize this was nearly a case, right? I'm not talking about my one card or this as a break by box. Look at the cards that came out of this as a whole.

I'm not frustrated that I bought in to this. Not upset I threw $50 away ($40 after I sell you my card). But I can voice my opinion on what I think is wrong with this product. If anything maybe it'll help the retailer. I voiced a concern about the player checklist before I bought a slot but rolled the dice for fun. I still had fun watching the break on Ustream (thanks Andrew) but I think the product lacked in quality.

I'll forward you my Paypal address. It's all yours.

SteelBrad

Mar 2, 2013
Pastime HOF Draft Thread

I see you edited out where you said you wanted your turn skipped, because you planned on cashing in the "$12 buyback". Way to stick to your guns. Realized that foot didn't taste to good once you saw you could probably still grab something worth over $12, huh?

I edited my comment after I saw you said you'd take it. Geez dude what is your problem? I don't need your $12. You can have my pick.

A_Pharis

You do realize this was nearly a case, right? I'm not talking about my one card or this as a break by box. Look at the cards that came out of this as a whole.

I'm not frustrated that I bought in to this. Not upset I threw $50 away ($40 after I sell you my card). But I can voice my opinion on what I think is wrong with this product. If anything maybe it'll help the retailer. I voiced a concern about the player checklist before I bought a slot but rolled the dice for fun. I still had fun watching the break on Ustream (thanks Andrew) but I think the product lacked in quality.

I'll forward you my Paypal address. It's all yours.

At the end of the day, you got a case of HoF players. Period. No one ever said you aren't welcome to air your displeasure, but you have to see that you're picking things that are done for the benefit of the product cost, right? Hell. I could put out a product that is all authenticated Ruth, Gehrig and Cobb signed baseballs. You are guaranteed one of these 3 guys on a crisp clean baseball. 1 ball per box and $12,000 per box.

A_Pharis

I edited my comment after I saw you said you'd take it. Geez dude what is your problem? I don't need your $12. You can have my pick.

I have no problem - it was your constant gripe. You wanted $12 - I was going to give you $12. And, yes, I found it funny that you'd recant your statement on skipping your pick. For the sake of this thread, I am going to start a new thread and clean this one up.

Edit: Actually going to move these posts to the original break thread.

csmtampa

Aug 25, 2009
While it certainly wasn't a mind blowing case, there are some nice cards there. I will say that every box was packed with the original SRP in mind. So with the Buy Back Program included, every box has an absolute minimum value of $75.00. As for TCMA's and reprint cards, a lot of HOF'ers only had a handful of cards when they were alive and TCMA's or reprint cards usually accounted for a few of them. TCMA's are widely collected by autograph collectors and even though they weren't "licensed", most still have logos and have appealing designs.

Here is a link to the Buy Back Program which starts June 1st.

Pastime Card Company | Introducing our buyback program

Aug 13, 2008
I posted this in the other thread - jeez, all this hopping back and forth is making this middle aged dude a little dizzy...

@csmtampa I'm not complaining too loudly. I'm happy with the ones I got in this break. Also, I have no issue with signed TCMA cards, however, I just wanted to point out that Fingers (pun not intended:wink:) With the sheer volume of Rollie Fingers cards out there, the Ziploc is probably one of the less desired ones. Also, if the Grimes was on a TCMA I probably would have taken that instead of the Banks, I'm just saying that card is not the most pleasing for a player with a few other nicer signed cards out there.

Your company did fine for a first release - just giving some constructive suggestions going forward from somebody who is collecting signed autographs of HOFers.

And [MENTION=1794]A_Pharis[/MENTION] I am also aware that signed cards are a selling point and if a Ty Cobb (or even maybe a Red Ruffing) was available on that Grimes card, then I wouldn't have thought twice. It is just that there are a lot of other options for some autographs. I collect the autograph first and then the consider what it is signed on second. If I have other options, I'll take them.

I was very lucky (for the first time in a group break draft) to get 2 slots in the top 4 and was able to check off 2 HOFers I didn't have (and would have cost me a lot more to pay them a fee to sign a card for me - both of them). I'm very greatful to Andrew for hosting the break.

SteelBrad

Mar 2, 2013
I have no problem - it was your constant gripe. You wanted $12 - I was going to give you $12. And, yes, I found it funny that you'd recant your statement on skipping your pick. For the sake of this thread, I am going to start a new thread and clean this one up.

Edit: Actually going to move these posts to the original break thread.

I will be passing when it's my turn to pick just in case someone wants a certain card at that slot. At the end of the draft you can pick between the remaining cards and add it to your collection. I'll message Andrew to see if he minds shipping the card to you. You may just need to get him your address.