Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

19 and counting, over: congratz Johnny G, details coming

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Re: 19 and counting, CONTEST

Okay...had to dig deep, (not a lot of non-Gwynn cards)
nolan.jpg

This card represents a lot to the sportscard community (along with Dave Stewart! :D )
High class photo on the newest and best quality sportscard.
I will never forget that smell of the very first Stadium Club!!!
I will also never forget getting $10-$20 in trade for pulling one of these Ryans, or Griffey, or Thomas. Didn't get much for the Dave Stewart, though!

Congrats on 3000, soon!

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008

looks like McGwire never really intersected with Ryan in the card world. I always find it interesting to see where players cross in this time period.

First though, anybody need these two? They've been sitting on my desk for years. I've been meaning to go through my cards and pull out the Ryans to send off to somebody but never had the time to. Guess now's a good time to at least give these away:

ryankingb.jpg

Back to the McGwire/Ryan intersection. Pretty dismal actually, these were the only crosses in my entire mcgwire collection:

w_1990--post--uncut.jpg
w_2001--stamps.jpg

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009

07F.jpg

I incorporated the legkick in Little League. Nolan has always been my favorite player and I don't even have a decent PC of him. Just a couple RC's and 90's Elite Auto's that have permanent residence in my old bedroom at my parents' house.

There are many days when I wish I would have PC'd Nolan but then I look at his current sales and just thank God I decided to buy 16-22 yr olds that I could turn around and sell instead of growing old with.

edit: WOW! My 400th Post!

isotopes4

Feb 27, 2009

thanks for the awesome contest!! one of my favorite pulls!!

SAVE0001.jpg

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA

I used to have this card when I was a kid, I don't even remember what I did with it. :cry: I probably traded it for some candy or something dumb like that.

148989.jpg

mikekarlovec

Aug 7, 2008
Hobbs, NM

13066826.jpg

The old Astros jerseys were so ugly they are cool. kind of like a good hawiian shirt :lol:

But ugly jersey or not this is a sick card i would love to have in my PC.

Thanks for the contest.

djrulz

Aug 7, 2008
Jamestown

There are a couple of these already pictured, but here is mine:

EDIT: I think it's an autopen, but I'm not sure. It looks like there might be points on the auto where there was a pause.

img036.jpg

CAROLINA BOSOX

Aug 12, 2008
Goose Creek, SC

3602268440528080_1.jpg

1985, the year I started collecting. I may take a page from TBP and start picking up some of these great older graded stars. Thanks for the contest.

Members online

Latest posts