Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1975 Cincinatti Reds Auto Ball Value?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

llludda

Jul 6, 2011
Hi guys, I have what I presume to be a 1975 but could be 74/76 ball signed by the Reds. I received it in 1990 for a Bday present from my dad. Too bad I've been an Indians fan from birth+. Anyhow, bad news is the ink is extremely faded. Good news is Pete Rose is the most legible and clear sig on the ball. Tony Perez right above and equally good. I believe it to be the whole team w/about 25 total sigs. Some of the auto's are almost gone or unlegible. I've taken good care of it and kept it in a holder in the closet all these yrs and it has only slightly faded in the time I've had it. Also the ball appears to be MLB auth. w/the reds name on it. I was wondering if any of you vintage buffs could give me a ballpark on value. I know w/out seeing it its hard to tell but even worst condition it still has multiple HOF's on it. I've always assumed $300 or so in faded condition with $1500 not out of the question for NM. Any input much appreciated.

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
First off it would be tough to sell if you cant read enough sigs to ID the exact year... Can you ID all 25 sigs??

Would need to see how faded they are to give a good estimate. Why so faded since it is so new for a signed ball? Is the ball leather and are the sigs in ball point??
$300 seems high for a modern Era ball with many (and all key) players still alive. $1500 is way too much IMO even if the ball was like new and flawless.

The keys are Sparky Anderson, followed by Rose, Bench, Morgan, Perez... are all of these on the ball? What about Foster, Griffey, Concepcion, Driessen?

Are you sure its not a stamped souvenir ball? The strange thing is you say the Reds name is on the ball

llludda

Jul 6, 2011
Thanks for response. Yes its ballpoint on leather. I believe its authentic, definately not a souvenier reprint. I've just never taken the time to ID all the sigs. Besides the Perez and Rose no other sigs are easily recognizable. Included 2 pics, sorry bad lighting on cell. Hope this can give you an idea of what I have. Thanks for any input.

IMAG0632.jpgIMAG0631.jpg

rc4157

Aug 10, 2008
At a quick glance, that looks like Art Shamsky above the Perez signature and Tommy Helms in the 2nd image which places the ball in the '67-'68 range.

RC

Members online

Latest posts