Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1990 Fleer Update Wrong Back

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dmb71vw

Feb 16, 2010
Pennsylvania
Sorry if this has been posted already or not but I couldn't seem to find a thread.

I picked up a card for my player collection from someone on Ebay that seemed to have alot of these 1990 Fleer Update wrong back cards available. My question is has anyone else heard of these and are they legit? How come no catalog seems to list them if they are?

Thanks for the help.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
They're legit...but it's a production error, versus a printing error. Essentially, the sheet was placed in the reverse direction when the front of the card was printed, causing the obverse to be inverted upon its reverse. They aren't listed on checklists or price guides because they aren't a true printing variation. They're equal to a card missing foil...a production step was performed incorrectly.

That said, BGS will grade and slab them...and some have value...might be worth it for the novelty factor.

1990ToppsBlankFront414.jpg
1990BowmanWrongBack420.jpg
1990BowmanBlankFront320.jpg

Last edited:

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
There is no Canadian update set. Fleer Canadian was issued only in 10-card wax packs for the regular set up here in Canada.

Speaking if 1990 Fleer Update, I remember for Christmas 1990 my sister bought me the set so I could get the Olerud. She paid $19.99 for it! Doh!

Sent using the Freedom Card Board mobile app.

Members online

Latest posts