Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1998 Donruss Collections *NINE* Box Group Break - 7 slots - $45 dlvd *CLOSED*

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
No kidding. I just looked up the odds again on baseballcardpedia and it's starting to make more sense. Prized Preferred are 1:51 packs which is almost three boxes. I thought it was one every two boxes. If sick and disgusting mean good now, how do we describe this... without cursing?

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Yeah it's really tough. Think about it for the Preferreds, 200 dif cards , 1:51 = 10,200 packs to hit the one you want w perfect collation. So 567 boxes to pull a certain Preferred Prized.

So 1:63 (567/9 = 1.5%) was the chance to hit the one you want tonight.

Ryan

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
What was the Sega box you have?

The Cruz blank back is an eBay 1/1!

The Sega box is some aftermarket thing they have now with a bunch of games for like $40. You can even play your old carts. Sound is not good (from reviews). Easy to hook up. My wife got it for me for Xmas, but I'm going to take it back. I'm big into a few SNES games like Tecmo Super Bowl III and have been wanting to try a few Wii titles like Super Mario Galaxy, Punch Out, Boom Blox, and Shiren the Wanderer. It was the thought that counts ;)

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Yeah it's really tough. Think about it for the Preferreds, 200 dif cards , 1:51 = 10,200 packs to hit the one you want w perfect collation. So 567 boxes to pull a certain Preferred Prized.

So 1:63 (567/9 = 1.5%) was the chance to hit the one you want tonight.

Ryan

Yeah, this break gives me a new appreciation for a few things:

1. How tough these Prized Preferred really are to get for your guy. No wonder I've not seen a Rusty.

2. Why this product was considered a failure. Way too expensive for too little bang. It's really a treasure hunt for Prized Preferred and there's not a whole lot else to appease the customer. It's like trying to find a needle with little market value in a really expensive haystack. Fractal Materials had similar issues with no true inserts. Another thing against Collections is that they didn't bother to serial number the inserts thus causing confusion for some.

So now I value Prized Preferred even more, but the market will never value them like similar issues with a print run around 50.

Will Style 13

Feb 9, 2012
York, PA
Ouch we'll looks like I ended up with quite a few Pittsburgh prized ha. No ripken or Brady though. Stinks about the preferreds I was expecting 3 with the odds.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Wow...looks like I got the best two boxes last month...

Just got back in to town today, had these in the mailbox at least.

img605-1.jpg
img604.jpg

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
As I just told Ryan in an email... this break was brutal :sad:

Here's a list of the Prized Collections:

TWO PREFERRED. Yes, TWO. Out of NINE BOXES. WTF.
Jaret Wright
Robin Ventura

At some point in the video I act as if there were three. Like some sort of denial or something I guess.

Damn, wrong White Sox.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
The Sega box is some aftermarket thing they have now with a bunch of games for like $40. You can even play your old carts. Sound is not good (from reviews). Easy to hook up. My wife got it for me for Xmas, but I'm going to take it back. I'm big into a few SNES games like Tecmo Super Bowl III and have been wanting to try a few Wii titles like Super Mario Galaxy, Punch Out, Boom Blox, and Shiren the Wanderer. It was the thought that counts ;)

I loved Tecmo Bowl!On Nintendo!Punch Out was good too.Could you ever beat Tyson?

I've been on a Mortal Kombat kick, I bought it for my iPod.Was playing it quite a bit for awhile.Was never that good at it, but love playing it.Best fighting game made.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Yeah, this break gives me a new appreciation for a few things:

1. How tough these Prized Preferred really are to get for your guy. No wonder I've not seen a Rusty.

2. Why this product was considered a failure. Way too expensive for too little bang. It's really a treasure hunt for Prized Preferred and there's not a whole lot else to appease the customer. It's like trying to find a needle with little market value in a really expensive haystack. Fractal Materials had similar issues with no true inserts. Another thing against Collections is that they didn't bother to serial number the inserts thus causing confusion for some.

So now I value Prized Preferred even more, but the market will never value them like similar issues with a print run around 50.

So how much should those be worth for someone like a Greer, Thomas, or Griffey?

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Yeah this issue needed something other than parallels to drive it , and as u sated , same w Materials.

Ryan

Members online

Latest posts