Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 Bowman Cases NOT Received from Hoepp on Ebay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
ballerskrip said:
I start checking into ebay, he has been selling alot lately, sold a bunch of castro's, etc. But currrently doesn't have anything for sale.

Would you be concerned?

Yeah sorry to hear this guys (good luck getting your funds or cases back)!

What would worry me, if I read this correct, is that he's sold a bunch of "Castro's" (if they were 2010 Bowman & if he was selling other 2010 Bowman item's then I'd really start worrying as it would seem as though he busted your case's, sold off some of the hit's, & is now dodging your efforts to contact him). But this is just if I read/interpreted Skrip's initial post correctly as it sounds as if he is in fact selling 2010 Bowman Castro's...which would definitely be a red-flag with all this avoidance & non-contact mess you guy's are putting up with!

GOOD LUCK you 2!
Take care & keep us updated regardless of the outcome!
Dave :D

excel_B

Feb 5, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland
Skrip,

Did you get a message from Hoepp? Here's what I got from Chris Hoeppner after I filed a case (Ebay) against him:

HELLO,

SORRY FOR THE DELAY IN GETTING BACK TO YOU, WE HAVE BEEN WORKING ALOT LATELY. I JUST FINALLY GOT A RETURNED PHONE CALL BACK FROM MY BASEBALL CARD WHOLESALER, AND HE SAID HE WAS SHORTED OVER HALF OF HIS CASES FROM TOPPS FOR THIS PRODUCT AND THAT HE WAS GOING TO HAVE TO SEND MY MONEY BACK FOR THESE CASES THIS COMING WEEK. SO ONCE WE EXCHANGE POSITIVE FEEDBACK, SINCE THE PROBLEM WASNT MY FAULT, I WILL GLADLY REFUND YOUR MONEY AND CALL IT A WASH/LOSS FOR BOTH ALL OF US.

SORRY AGAIN FOR THE PROBLEM,
CHRIS - ANY OTHER QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO CONTACT US AT 260-705-9191

You know what? I am going to respond that I want my money back ASAP. And not to deal with this guy anymore...

lkk116

Aug 7, 2008
excel_B said:
Skrip,

Did you get a message from Hoepp? Here's what I got from Chris Hoeppner after I filed a case (Ebay) against him:

HELLO,

SORRY FOR THE DELAY IN GETTING BACK TO YOU, WE HAVE BEEN WORKING ALOT LATELY. I JUST FINALLY GOT A RETURNED PHONE CALL BACK FROM MY BASEBALL CARD WHOLESALER, AND HE SAID HE WAS SHORTED OVER HALF OF HIS CASES FROM TOPPS FOR THIS PRODUCT AND THAT HE WAS GOING TO HAVE TO SEND MY MONEY BACK FOR THESE CASES THIS COMING WEEK. SO ONCE WE EXCHANGE POSITIVE FEEDBACK, SINCE THE PROBLEM WASNT MY FAULT, I WILL GLADLY REFUND YOUR MONEY AND CALL IT A WASH/LOSS FOR BOTH ALL OF US.

You know what? I am going to respond that I want my money back ASAP. And not to deal with this guy anymore...

you can tell him to refund first then you will give him feedback

excel_B

Feb 5, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland
lkk116 said:
excel_B said:
Skrip,

HELLO,

you can tell him to refund first then you will give him feedback

Definitely will do that. Thanks for the advice.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
iphoner111 said:
start a dispute that will get his attention.

+1

Tell him to take that feedback and shove it. Horrible communication, he couldn't follow through on what you paid him for, and he wants to play the feedback game? What a loser.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
excel_B said:
Skrip,

HELLO,

lmao, not the way it works. At this point, I would be demanding my money back and then dropping him a big fat negative.

Even if he is telling the truth, he's really gonna tell you guys they'd be delivered the day after release and then not respond to multiple messages/phone calls for a full week after that (only responding once a dispute was opened) and still expect you to leave him positive feedback?

You've gotta be kidding me, Hoepp.

loftlife

Feb 7, 2010
Its because of crap like this is why I do not buy boxes/cases on ebay... Blowout. D&A, ATL... or my LCS...

Sorry to hear about everyone's troubles... generally when I small carp I will open a claim and go straight to my demand for a refund so that if the seller has any money it will be frozen until the dispute is settled. What some bogus sellers do is as soon as they get the money from the buyer they withdraw right away to avoid that, but not all of them think it threw. Sounds like this guy got caught up in the fever and decided to crack your cases... stick it to him!!!

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
I WILL get mÿ money back, just as paypal told me I would. And I WILL LEAVE a monster negative feedback. Bobby, you need to do the same. Do not let him off the hook. Leave him 3 negatives. He screwed us, and he is making money off of us. I have called him 7 times with no response. He is full of crap. He made his money off of us, he took a 2 month loan for free, reralized he could make more money, and then is trying to get us to leave him positive feedback.

Bobby, you will get you money back through paypal. Yoiu don't need him. File your claim with paypal, get your money back, and drop 3 negatives on him!!!

Skrip

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
Sorry to hear about this guys...

...as others have said, this is also exactly why I won't buy cases off ebay. Too many third-party guys buying from someone else who are having to wait on someone else to get their product to send to you. The hassle you guys are going through sure as hell is not worth saving an extra $10-20 on a case.

loftlife

Feb 7, 2010
ballerskrip said:
I WILL get mÿ money back, just as paypal told me I would. And I WILL LEAVE a monster negative feedback. Bobby, you need to do the same. Do not let him off the hook. Leave him 3 negatives. He screwed us, and he is making money off of us. I have called him 7 times with no response. He is full of crap. He made his money off of us, he took a 2 month loan for free, reralized he could make more money, and then is trying to get us to leave him positive feedback.

Bobby, you will get you money back through paypal. Yoiu don't need him. File your claim with paypal, get your money back, and drop 3 negatives on him!!!

Skrip

Don't count on getting your money back... if he does not have the funds in his PP you will be out of luck, regardless of what the person at PP said, that is just how it goes... your only hope is if you used a CC... then you can work with your CC company, which you should be doing right now... good luck all.

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
The Front Range, Colorado
loftlife said:
ballerskrip said:

Skrip

Don't count on getting your money back... if he does not have the funds in his PP you will be out of luck, regardless of what the person at PP said, that is just how it goes... your only hope is if you used a CC... then you can work with your CC company, which you should be doing right now... good luck all.

I thought he would be dealt with a negative balance to his PayPal account, if the funds are not in said account?

I read that your scenario is only the case, if he payed through 'goods'? E.g., not through eBay. The level of protection on eBay is higher than through a 'goods' payment. I'd say he will get his money back.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
Superfractor said:
loftlife said:
ballerskrip said:

Skrip

I thought he would be dealt with a negative balance to his PayPal account, if the funds are not in said account?

that is what I always thought

excel_B

Feb 5, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland
I have already opened a case against Hoepp in both Ebay and Paypal last night... As soon as I filed the dispute, I got this email from Chris Hoeppner.

Isn't this a dishonest issue when I (and Skrip) contacted him SEVERAL times before filing a case?

Frankly, I am VERY disappointed. I hope Skrip and I BOTH get our money BACK. Paypal should side with us PERIOD!

Latest posts