Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010: Year of the Pitcher

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
I guess drug testing in MLB is working. Or all the pitchers are juiced. Are we entering another dead ball era?

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
Armando Galarraga, he of the 20-18 career record, needed one more out to join Dallas Braden and Roy Halladay as the third pitcher since May 9 to throw a perfecto. Just try wrapping your mind around that for a second: Entering this season, there were 18 perfect games in the entire history of baseball. And now we were looking at three in a span of 24 days.
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5246454

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Seems strange yes. But does it mean guys are off the juice? One will never know.
I'm glad to see pitchers getting ahead of the hitters these days, I like games that are low
scoring and have a change for no-hitters, Perect and complete games.

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
LOL and the 1 and only game I will see this season has 30 combined hits and 15 runs scores by the home team alone :!: :shock:

Maybe all clubs have installed a humidor

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
1968 is the year of the pitcher, and always will be.

What IS interesting about 2010 is the home run ratio. In every season since 1994, the MLB average for HRs has been at least 1.00 HRs per game. This year, it is 0.93 HRs per game.

andyduke86

Nov 22, 2008
There is still plenty of offense in the game, suggesting a dead ball era is laughable. There are still plenty of horrible pitchers that balance out the average for what seems to be an unusually high number of pitchers dominating so far this year.

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
andyduke86 said:
There is still plenty of offense in the game, suggesting a dead ball era is laughable. There are still plenty of horrible pitchers that balance out the average for what seems to be an unusually high number of pitchers dominating so far this year.
Ugh...Kevin Gregg :(

It's weird too that 68 would be such a dominant year, considering that there were 4 new teams in 69.

andyduke86

Nov 22, 2008
thefatguy said:
andyduke86 said:
Ugh...Kevin Gregg :(

It's weird too that 68 would be such a dominant year, considering that there were 4 new teams in 69.

not to mention the mound was a few inches shorter and the strike zone was smaller in 69.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
Betcha Jiminez wouldn't have a sub 1.00 ERA if he pitched in the AL East.

Do agree though it's good for the game. Been some great performances thus far - and nice that things seem a bit more balanced.

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
Exposfan said:
I still think part of it also is the fact that there are alot more swing and miss type hitters in the game now.
Yeah, anybody from the Dominican.

Members online

Latest posts