Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 Bowman and Topps Pro Debut. Need prepping?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
I bought cards of players that are going to be on the Futures Game in Phoenix. Most of them are 2011 Bowman and Pro Debuts, but some are previous Bowman. I usually prep everything, but the issue here is that I will receive these cards one or two days before the event and we're talking about a stack of 40 cards. So if I can avoid the process of prepping them I would like to skip it :p

Thanks
Arturo

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
The kind of gloss they are usually turns out ok, but it depends on how much pressure the players applies while signing and the quality of the pen. It wouldn't hurt to have and eraser and prep them a little bit while you wait. Also if you are a couple people away from getting the player rubbing your thumb over the card can also help a little bit. If you don't do any prepping most would turn out ok, but it doesn't hurt to prep any cards with any kind of gloss.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
Thanks for the comments.

I always use an eraser when prepping.
What's better eraser or powder? I think powder would be quicker for a large quantity as I usually spend quite a time on each time with the eraser.

showoff

Aug 8, 2009
r2d2 said:
Thanks for the comments.

What's better eraser or powder? I think powder would be quicker for a large quantity as I usually spend quite a time on each time with the eraser.
Powder is best. Just buy a painters foam brush from the local target like this one: http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=10620 then put down a towel and put the powder on it and just brush it one time and clean with cotton. The cotton makes sure that you do not get baby powder on the backs of the other cards. Also let me know if you need 8x10s.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
showoff said:
r2d2 said:
Thanks for the comments.

Powder is best. Just buy a painters foam brush from the local target like this one: http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=10620 then put down a towel and put the powder on it and just brush it one time and clean with cotton. The cotton makes sure that you do not get baby powder on the backs of the other cards. Also let me know if you need 8x10s.

Thanks!

I'll get back to you about the 8X10s later.

Bosox3

Aug 7, 2008
TBTwinsFan said:
If you can, pick up a steadler and you shouldn't have to prep, if I am correct.

yes and no....some cards have too much gloss, even for Steadlers

Members online

Latest posts