Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2014 National Treasures Hit Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
But
There has been some skepticism with that ruth also and I will have to back track to remember what it was. As for the Rickey's I cannot say for sure as I have not done research on any of his 2012 nt cards.

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1421874591.600796.jpg

Since I almost went after this one , would it be questionable as well ? It seems that all of these just has a slight edge of the patch , where I can see DLP making them that way... But I am no expert either in Ruth items. What versions are out there w what you would seem legit patches ? On the 2 I posted and the one posted previously how certain is anyone that they are not good ?

With the Rickey's , Panini does offer the Authentication process for $5-10, so at least there is a step to check

Ryan

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
But
There has been some skepticism with that ruth also and I will have to back track to remember what it was. As for the Rickey's I cannot say for sure as I have not done research on any of his 2012 nt cards.

I have seen multiple Ruth's from the FOTG set that are supposed to be a regular jersey piece but have a patch Tony. I think the fact that the cards are made in a way that are easier to alter, and the fact that Ruth actually has a patch card from that set makes it a very popular choice to alter. I don't believe that either of those two Ruth's are genuine especially not the Ruth /10 version. Even though the other one is graded by PSA, they have made the mistake several times of grading altered patch cards. The jury may be out on the Henderson, but I would never take a chance on either Ruth.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
View attachment 45382

Since I almost went after this one , would it be questionable as well ? It seems that all of these just has a slight edge of the patch , where I can see DLP making them that way... But I am no expert either in Ruth items. What versions are out there w what you would seem legit patches ? On the 2 I posted and the one posted previously how certain is anyone that they are not good ?

With the Rickey's , Panini does offer the Authentication process for $5-10, so at least there is a step to check

Ryan

Is this the Ruth that is #/18? If so, I believe the one that is #/18 is meant to have actual patch pieces. Again, any other examples I would be wary of, though it's possible that one plain jersey piece did accidentally get part of the patch.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
View attachment 45382

Ryan
I would not have bid on that one either as it was suspect also.
Is this the Ruth that is #/18? If so, I believe the one that is #/18 is meant to have actual patch pieces. Again, any other examples I would be wary of, though it's possible that one plain jersey piece did accidentally get part of the patch.

Not it was the Numbered to /60 version. The only versions from that set that had patches were the /21 versions and a couple of presidential 1/1 version

Here is the numbered to /21 version as an example

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011

Not it was the Numbered to /60 version. The only versions from that set that had patches were the /21 versions and a couple of presidential 1/1 version

Yeah that's the one the #/21 I mixed it up with being #/18. I couldn't see myself going for any Ruth from those sets except that one or those 1/1s, everything else is too suspect and most likely fake even if it passed grading.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
I have seen multiple Ruth's from the FOTG set that are supposed to be a regular jersey piece but have a patch Tony. I think the fact that the cards are made in a way that are easier to alter, and the fact that Ruth actually has a patch card from that set makes it a very popular choice to alter. I don't believe that either of those two Ruth's are genuine especially not the Ruth /10 version. Even though the other one is graded by PSA, they have made the mistake several times of grading altered patch cards. The jury may be out on the Henderson, but I would never take a chance on either Ruth.

I have not and the one posted is the only one I have seen with my eyes. If you have a pic of the other from the same set please post as I would like to know for sure.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013

It was #1 /60.

Ryan

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
The thing with Ruth patches is you have to look for consistency of the patch through out the whole set, as Ruth patches are hard to fake or else you would see many more. With the Cards that Stadler Posted there is no consistency with them as for example the 2001 leaf certified /21 Ruths all have some type of patch in them which is why they go for thousands, then there are a couple of other set that have legit ruth prime patches such as Timeless treasures (The ones that say Prime on the card) and Lower numbered 2004 Leaf Certifed emeralds /5 or lower. Ruth does not have many patches in very many sets.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
I have not and the one posted is the only one I have seen with my eyes. If you have a pic of the other from the same set please post as I would like to know for sure.

I wish I saved the picture but I'm 100% certain that it was another graded example of a FOTG patch that didn't look good at all. I may have to do some digging but I will try to find it.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
The thing with Ruth patches is you have to look for consistency of the patch through out the whole set, as Ruth patches are hard to fake or else you would see many more. With the Cards that Stadler Posted there is no consistency with them as for example the 2001 leaf certified /21 Ruths all have some type of patch in them which is why they go for thousands, then there are a couple of other set that have legit ruth prime patches such as Timeless treasures (The ones that say Prime on the card) and Lower numbered 2004 Leaf Certifed emeralds /5 or lower. Ruth does not have many patches in very many sets.

Aside from 1/1 examples, the Timeless Treasures /5, the Leaf Certified /5 (I believe he has a few in that set, some pants, some jersey), and the #/18 FOTG set are the only Ruth patches I know of, and 2005 TOTT had Ruth patches, forgot what it was numbered to maybe only 1/1.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013

Even the coloring on the /21 wool looks different than the plain wool pieces. Seems weird there would be only patches on /21 Certified but not /10 ones from the other set. Even a bunch of his 1/1 cards contain basic swatches so I am not sure what their reasoning of placement is.

Do either of you know is there were any patch type cards in the 05 Absolute Jumbo Jerseys ?

Ryan

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Even the coloring on the /21 wool looks different than the plain wool pieces. Seems weird there would be only patches on /21 Certified but not /10 ones from the other set. Even a bunch of his 1/1 cards contain basic swatches so I am not sure what their reasoning of placement is.

Do either of you know is there were any patch type cards in the 05 Absolute Jumbo Jerseys ?

Ryan

There are examples in the 05 TOTT Absolute (or rather one example) where a patch was put in a #/25 jersey. This was pack pulled and I trust the guy for sure, so I believe this (plus the card actually looks correct). If there was a mistake made in the #/25 and a patch was put in, I'm sure that some of the jumbos at least have like a button hole or something like that.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Aside from 1/1 examples, the Timeless Treasures /5, the Leaf Certified /5 (I believe he has a few in that set, some pants, some jersey), and the #/18 FOTG set are the only Ruth patches I know of, and 2005 TOTT had Ruth patches, forgot what it was numbered to maybe only 1/1.

Yea there may have been 1 or a couple in TOTT but very rare and low numbered.

Even though they are not faked all the time its good to ask around about Ruth Patches before buying just to be sure. I believe the ones stadler posted were older version that were altered years and years ago.
Nobody can say for sure as I dint see them altered with my own eyes but when you have multiple collectors claim they are sure they are altered and they themselves own multiple Ruth or other Highend patches Im gonna atleast look into it and do my own research. Not only that I would rather wait for a set that I Know (Like the ones we posted above) has legit Ruth patches before buying one that has no consistency.

I Did see one of the sickest Patch Tag pants Patch emblems pulled from 2004 Leaf certified Fabrics of the game. It was a 1/1 and was damaged, I had a chance to buy it from card shop guy for 800 (Years and years back) I went home thought about it for a bit (800 was a lot for me at that time) came back to the shop to buy and he had sold it to his co worker whom put it up on ebay and even with damage sold for 2800. Man I wish I would have just grabbed it when I had the chance.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Yea there may have been 1 or a couple in TOTT but very rare and low numbered.

Even though they are not faked all the time its good to ask around about Ruth Patches before buying just to be sure. I believe the ones stadler posted were older version that were altered years and years ago.
Nobody can say for sure as I dint see them altered with my own eyes but when you have multiple collectors claim they are sure they are altered and they themselves own multiple Ruth or other Highend patches Im gonna atleast look into it and do my own research. Not only that I would rather wait for a set that I Know (Like the ones we posted above) has legit Ruth patches before buying one that has no consistency.

I Did see one of the sickest Patch Tag pants Patch emblems pulled from 2004 Leaf certified Fabrics of the game. It was a 1/1 and was damaged, I had a chance to buy it from card shop guy for 800 (Years and years back) I went home thought about it for a bit (800 was a lot for me at that time) came back to the shop to buy and he had sold it to his co worker whom put it up on ebay and even with damage sold for 2800. Man I wish I would have just grabbed it when I had the chance.

I saw a Ruth pants patch from Leaf Certified on eBay that had part of his name stitching from the pants in the patch. The stitching was red and the main base color was cream, what's expected in many of his pants patches. You could see clear as day that it was stitching from the "R". Incredible piece, probably not the one you're talking about but I remember it numbered to 5 and it went for around $1200 or $1500 I forget years and years and years ago. I would buy that piece in a heart beat if I could go back.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Was a little bummed that I didn't win this one.

lcBRc4w.jpg

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
If only they (companies) made databases of these things...

Ryan
I think it was Topps but they scanned the entire release of the bat knobs in one of the releases and put it on Twitter or something... I'll never forget thinking how great it was because not only did it cause a buzz for the release but it also was cool to be able to see them all and know they were all created and out there. I don't see why card companies don't do this more often with rare cards and even patch cards. I don't think it would be too costly and I also think the cost associated with it would be offset by the buzz it would create for the release, etc. I can only think how much more I would be focused on a release if I was able to lay my eyes on the rare Belle cards in the release.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I think it was Topps but they scanned the entire release of the bat knobs in one of the releases and put it on Twitter or something... I'll never forget thinking how great it was because not only did it cause a buzz for the release but it also was cool to be able to see them all and know they were all created and out there. I don't see why card companies don't do this more often with rare cards and even patch cards. I don't think it would be too costly and I also think the cost associated with it would be offset by the buzz it would create for the release, etc. I can only think how much more I would be focused on a release if I was able to lay my eyes on the rare Belle cards in the release.

It should have been in place in 1996 , let alone 2015. It could be done fairly easily and yes , the publicity of pictures is huge and would pay for itself. If any company really had the balls to state the items that the cuts were coming from and would stand behind their items , the items , esp the ones from playing years jerseys, would be so much more valuable, IMHO

Ryan

Members online

Latest posts