Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2014 National Treasures Hit Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
There are always reasonably priced daubert bat chip cards. I'm guessing my bat chip daubert card had a piece from another part of this same bat.

I would imagine so. His bar cards don't seem to get much attention. Still it's ridiculously cool to have a bat from a deadball era player like that and a pretty good one too.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
I think it was Topps but they scanned the entire release of the bat knobs in one of the releases and put it on Twitter or something... I'll never forget thinking how great it was because not only did it cause a buzz for the release but it also was cool to be able to see them all and know they were all created and out there. I don't see why card companies don't do this more often with rare cards and even patch cards. I don't think it would be too costly and I also think the cost associated with it would be offset by the buzz it would create for the release, etc. I can only think how much more I would be focused on a release if I was able to lay my eyes on the rare Belle cards in the release.

I thought Leaf said they were going to do that with some high end releases a few years ago. Maybe their Ichiro release?

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I thought Leaf said they were going to do that with some high end releases a few years ago. Maybe their Ichiro release?

I believe it was whatever one had some Patrick Ewing items in it, Ultimate I think. Not that it wasn't mentioned w Ichiro etc , but I think I remember the Ewing being something that was discussed. Any cost they incur IMO , pays for itself with a product you can fact check.

Ryan

Ryan

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008

Leaf did that - you can find images of most if not all of their Ichiro patches or ichiro autos from one of the releases they did.

Panini is also fairly good on their blog of showing a lot of the better hits that are possible in their releases so if it's one of most desired cards of a release, you might be able to find the image of the card in one of their product galleries.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Leaf did that - you can find images of most if not all of their Ichiro patches or ichiro autos from one of the releases they did.

Panini is also fairly good on their blog of showing a lot of the better hits that are possible in their releases so if it's one of most desired cards of a release, you might be able to find the image of the card in one of their product galleries.

Thanks. That is what I thought. As I recall, it was VERY well received. Especially as the cards were so valuable and desirable. There is a lesson there...

A_Pharis

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Depends. You can get a Cobb certified check for what? $800 - $1000 (can't check right now). What value do you add to that for cutting the check up and adding a jersey?

Given that it's a 1/1 with a jumbo jersey (not prime), I'd think $1k - $1.4k?

I think you're off. I wouldn't take under $4K personally. I don't necessarily think that that's the price you'd get at auction but I would look for the guy willing to pay that. I don't think anyone should take under $3K or thereabouts in any case though.

A_Pharis

I think you're off. I wouldn't take under $4K personally. I don't necessarily think that that's the price you'd get at auction but I would look for the guy willing to pay that. I don't think anyone should take under $3K or thereabouts in any case though.

Maybe. I couldn't justify 3x the cost of a full check, but I guess it does depend on who puts more value on the product name.

Members online