Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2016 MLB Draft Official Discussion Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Thank goodness I'm not a Mets fan. The Mets don't need anymore damn pitching. I was surprised they didn't go after a third baseman. Wright isn't getting any younger.

Disagree, they practically gave away just about all of their best prospect arms (save Matz), not the least of which was Fulmer. They needed to replenish.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
It’s a crazy feeling hearing name called, especially by Red Sox,” Groome said. “My family had no idea it was coming when it did. It’s just a dream come true.”

“I’m going to get together with my adviser and that’s what we’re going to discuss,” Groome said. “Money doesn’t matter to me. I’m just excited for the next chapter in my life and I can’t wait to get started. I have a chance to play for my favorite team. I can’t ask for anything more than that."

FIST PUMP!!

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Disagree, they practically gave away just about all of their best prospect arms (save Matz), not the least of which was Fulmer. They needed to replenish.

I was also under the impression that you were being sarcastic just by going off their major league rotation. At the moment their rotation is full now that Harvey looks to be rebounding and when Bartolo leaves they'll have Wheeler coming back...but anything can happen so I suppose it would be nice to have some top pitching prospects in the waiting.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I was also under the impression that you were being sarcastic just by going off their major league rotation. At the moment their rotation is full now that Harvey looks to be rebounding and when Bartolo leaves they'll have Wheeler coming back...but anything can happen so I suppose it would be nice to have some top pitching prospects in the waiting.

Was referring to the current state of their farm system, not the big club.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
NOW we're talkin'. My 2011 USA Chrome stash of Jordan Sheffield is pleased with him coming to the Dodgers. :mrgreen:

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Colorado stigma? What Colorado stigma? Two picks, two arms.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Joey Wentz to Atlanta. Great selection, D2R. You'll like this kid.

Although their obsession with arms is insane.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
I thought Wentz may have been a massive overdraft because I couldn't even find him on the mlb top 200 prospect list but then I realized it was because he was in the top 20...might not be such a bad pick.

Still...another high school pitcher...and a LHP. Very typical of the Braves. Our offense is never going to improve if we don't ever go after some position players early in the draft. We can't expect Swanson & Albies to carry this offense in 2017-2018.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Aaaaaaand, another pitcher to Atlanta.

Hearing Muller will be very difficult to sign, though.

Members online