Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ho hum hobby box of 2022 Topps Archives.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zyceoa

Sep 2, 2012
24 packs per box which costs me $130. Here's the "highlights" if you will...

Notable RCs: Julio Rodriguez, Bobby Witt Jr.
Notable High Number Base: 2005 Topps Draft Design Derek Jeter
Poster Inserts: Vladimir Guerrero Jr., Rafael Devers, Fernando Tatis Jr.
Poster Box Topper: Vladimir Guerrero Jr. (again)
Base Parallels: Patrick Corbin #/99, Jed Lowrie #/25, Aaron Judge #/199
Fan Favorite Autos: Ron Darling, Tim Hudson

Summary: Overall, a standard box from a product known for a retro feel. Pros: Ron Darling has a nice auto. Pulling Hudson ain't bad either. There are a few gripes though. First we have the 1987 design which has been used ad nauseam from other Topps product this year. Second, some of the high number designs feel a bit awkward. 1955 Topps Scoops? 1992 Topps Major League Debut Box Set? And most obvious are QC issues such as dinged corners.

Overall: This isn't a product for high roller types. In fact, I'm not sure what my best pull was. Still, if you're a fan of retro designs and want to collect for the sake of collecting, this will be a fun product to rip. Just wait till the price comes down a bit.

zyceoa

Sep 2, 2012
I also just bought a retail blaster of this product. The chase cards are the 3 1988 Topps Big foil cards. I pulled Wander Franco, Gavin Sheets, and Ivan Rodriguez. I also pulled a somewhat rare (1:310 packs) mini version of the 1988 Topps Big card of none other than Ken Griffey Jr! So not too shabby.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts