Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

starwarsfan2003

Dec 4, 2008
Re: Member???? cjedmonton

Regardless if shilled or not, which I don't think it was, that card STILL ended well below previous sales, and $30 lower than it's all time high of $56 back in 05.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA

Russ S. said:
Thought the name sounded familiar.

Was bidding on one of his auctions that he was shilling. :(

Let me highly recommend that you do thorough research before calling out a shiller. Not only did you drag a great guy through the mud for no reason, you only made yourself look bad when others did the research and found that you were wrong. Just don't be so quick to throw around the shiller title.

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North

Congrats, Russ. You singlehandedly pulled me out of baseball card message board "retirement" with your grawlix inane and baseless accusation. It takes an mighty hearty helping of ignorance to get me riled up... but you managed to do so in spades. In 10+ years on Ebay, I have NEVER shilled any of my auctions, nor would I EVER consider such a thing. But consider this; even if I were (in some alternate dimension) that sort of unsavory character, I assure you as the day is long, Ethier is money in the bank in extra innings, and The Bison is a superstar in the making, I would never risk my reputation on a grawlix $25 Nick Markakis card, let alone anyone at any price. My advice to you is to make grawlix well sure you have your facts straight before you speak or type in such a slanderous/libelous manner. The next person may not be quite as civil or understanding as I. It's a painful thing, an unrequited Markakis sig must be...but you've got to get a hold of yourself. I forgive you, grawlix. (...7...8...9...10...exhale) Hi, everyone! How nice to see so many familiar names from the ol' Beckett MB. So this is where you flocked to! For the rest, my name is Chris and I am a huge Dodgers fan... and an even bigger southpaw pitcher buff! I've been taking a bit of a break on and off for the past couple of years, but I'm still plugging away at my all-time southpaw auto project. It's truly been a labor of love. I'll try to post some scans shortly. Look forward to chatting with (most) of you!

Aug 13, 2008

cjedmonton said:
Congrats, Russ. You singlehandedly pulled me out of baseball card message board "retirement" with your grawlix inane and baseless accusation. It takes an mighty hearty helping of ignorance to get me riled up... but you managed to do so in spades. In 10+ years on Ebay, I have NEVER shilled any of my auctions, nor would I EVER consider such a thing. But consider this; even if I were (in some alternate dimension) that sort of unsavory character, I assure you as the day is long, Ethier is money in the bank in extra innings, and The Bison is a superstar in the making, I would never risk my reputation on a grawlix $25 Nick Markakis card, let alone anyone at any price. My advice to you is to make grawlix well sure you have your facts straight before you speak or type in such a slanderous/libelous manner. The next person may not be quite as civil or understanding as I. It's a painful thing, an unrequited Markakis sig must be...but you've got to get a hold of yourself. I forgive you, grawlix. (...7...8...9...10...exhale) Hi, everyone! How nice to see so many familiar names from the ol' Beckett MB. So this is where you flocked to! For the rest, my name is Chris and I am a huge Dodgers fan... and an even bigger southpaw pitcher buff! I've been taking a bit of a break on and off for the past couple of years, but I'm still plugging away at my all-time southpaw auto project. It's truly been a labor of love. I'll try to post some scans shortly. Look forward to chatting with (most) of you!

Chris,

Could you post the link to your website again?

Thank you...

prozac4312

Aug 7, 2008
Akron, OH

I was thinking about CJ the other day as well, glad he finally made it over here (although sucks the reason that he did)...I used to LOVE reading his random trivia about southpaws.

Surprising that Russ (also one of the good guys here) is the one making bogus accusations.

jarcar

Aug 7, 2008
Vancouver Canada

markakis8 said:
What's a grawlix?

I was wondering the same thing. Found this:

A string of typographical symbols, especially "@#$%&!", used (especially in comic strips) to represent an obscenity or swearword.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008

ahhhh...makes sense.

jarcar said:
markakis8 said:
What's a grawlix?

I was wondering the same thing. Found this:

A string of typographical symbols, especially "@#$%&!", used (especially in comic strips) to represent an obscenity or swearword.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD

I came on asking for opinions, but no one wanted to chime in until after the auction.

I did the research BEFORE posted and before I stopped bidding.
According to the page, it DOES look like the "0" had bid on SEVEN of the sellers auction and his bidding history was 26% with that seller. SO if I read it wrong, it is my fault. I came on asking. Auction was already over at that point.

And the "0" bidder did have an affect, as he only drove up the price.

ANd I apologize to Chris. I was wrong. I wan't looking to attack a standup collector.
Welcome aboard. You'll enjoy it here, unlike the BMB.

BowmanChromeAddict said:
Russ S. said:
Thought the name sounded familiar.

Was bidding on one of his auctions that he was shilling. :(

Let me highly recommend that you do thorough research before calling out a shiller. Not only did you drag a great guy through the mud for no reason, you only made yourself look bad when others did the research and found that you were wrong. Just don't be so quick to throw around the shiller title.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
cjedmonton said:
Water under the bridge, Russ. My apologies as well for the long winded vent session.

heh, long winded vents/rants happen all day every day here on FCB

we seem to love to shoot first and ask questions later

kill em all, and let God sort them out

Members online

Latest posts