Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

90/00 32 Box Break Scans!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joeya2001

Oct 4, 2012
Originally $115, buyer had to back out so I went to $100 to get it filled, why u ask?

Ryan

I know it was for fun but did the guy who bought the slot even get anything really cool back?

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Hey, @All In Cards, or [MENTION=8906]RStadlerASU22[/MENTION], do you still have the boxes from the break? I am pretty sure Gwynn was on the front of some of those Pacific ones, and it may be the only thing of my player that is halfway decent from the break (empty boxes! :()
I posted on the Ustream video that I wanted the boxes (watched an hour or so on my phone) but no one replied, and I don't think that chat even worked.

Last edited:

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Hey, @All In Cards, or [MENTION=8906]RStadlerASU22[/MENTION], do you still have the boxes from the break? I am pretty sure Gwynn was on the front of some of those Pacific ones, and it may be the only thing of my player that is halfway decent from the break (empty boxes! :()
I posted on the Ustream video that I wanted the boxes (watched an hour or so on my phone) but no one replied, and I don't think that chat even worked.

I will check when I get them on Sat prob. The chat worked if you found the right one, it was tricky n I didn't know at first. There was a separate tab. I'll let you know.

Ryan

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I know it was for fun but did the guy who bought the slot even get anything really cool back?

It was a tough break for that slot. With as many cards Ripken had in those products it was odd there really wasn't anything. It's not going to be a success each time for every slot

Ryan

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX

I remember you chatting that you wanted them.

---
Looking for Albert Belle cards! PM me!

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
All empty boxes are home. I don't recycle until Monday night. I will check them out when I get home Sunday night.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Freedom Card Board mobile app

joeya2001

Oct 4, 2012
It was a tough break for that slot. With as many cards Ripken had in those products it was odd there really wasn't anything. It's not going to be a success each time for every slot

Ryan

Yea, I can understand that. But still a tough break on that end. Guess it was just a gamble.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Hey guys, a lil heads up. I ran out of supplies (team bags) and the way my days were going the last few, I just picked them up. If your package didn't go out Thursday or Friday, it will tomorrow. I APOLOGIZE. Andrew and I are going to streamline any future ones and they will ship from him and you will be able to get your product sooner. Thanks for working with me on the kinks of break #1 .

I am working on break #2 , hope to finalize by next weekend, then go to sign up etc.

I do have a 1998 Topps Tek Break I will be doing w/ Andrew, at least 8 boxes !

And also going to try a 10 box premium , random hit break with things like 01-05 Elite, 03 Sweet Spot, Ultimate etc. Should be a fun break with Autos/Patches/Jerseys from some nice product.

Some notes from this 90's break #1 , I thought it was fun. Team slots produced about 150-175 cards on avg id say.

Flair and Gold Label were some sweet looking cards IMO w/ the 2 poses per player on the front.

There was some great photography on cards, and if I had time I would have uploaded the WTF were they thinking shots, kinds fun to look at the pics.

I found 3 of our missing hits. In 01 Pacific, there was a Premier Date Wally Joyner (Braves) #34 /36
in 99 Aurora, there was an Opening Day Jose Cruz Jr (Jays) #2 3/31
and I scored as the missing 99 Stadium 1 of a Kind was the Will Clark #61 /150

So those are 3 more nice low numbered inserts we hit.

Anyway, I hope you all have your cards by mid next week, and future breaks will be streamlined better

Thanks
Ryan

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
[MENTION=8906]RStadlerASU22[/MENTION] - Did you say you got 8 boxes of '98 Tek?! Whoa, nice job.

---

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Yeah my plan at this time is a 6 box Tek break and 1 box in 90s break #2 , and 1 in #3

Ryan

Wow, great job. Would the Tek break be similar to the big break? Why split up? Just curious... Great job knocking down that many.

Hope your structure is similar to the big break we did. The "lots" structure is messy IMO but easy for the breaker.

---

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Wow, great job. Would the Tek break be similar to the big break? Why split up? Just curious... Great job knocking down that many.

Hope your structure is similar to the big break we did. The "lots" structure is messy IMO but easy for the breaker.

---

In regards to splitting up, I just think we can get some of it in the 90s style and some guys aren't in Tek (though a lot are) and I don't want to get to heavy on one product.

As far of the Tek structure I'm working on it, thinking of different ways. Eric's (RGF) structure has worked, but I may do something like

Single players
Single Team
10 slots w 9 players
30 slots w 3 players
Or even 9 slots w cards 1-10 slot 1, 11-20 slot 2 etc

I am open for suggestions
Ryan

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
In regards to splitting up, I just think we can get some of it in the 90s style and some guys aren't in Tek (though a lot are) and I don't want to get to heavy on one product.

As far of the Tek structure I'm working on it, thinking of different ways. Eric's (RGF) structure has worked, but I may do something like

Single players
Single Team
10 slots w 9 players
30 slots w 3 players
Or even 9 slots w cards 1-10 slot 1, 11-20 slot 2 etc

I am open for suggestions
Ryan

First, nice job getting the boxes!

As a suggestion, I'm totally in the camp of you making a little money piece mealing it out, than I am you breaking even and only having a few slots and letting everyone figure it out for themselves with team lots.

There are enough of us player collectors to make the money work. I can chat with you offline about it but it comes down to what diffractors go for really and some ratio versus how many boxes, etc.

Or just get like 15 of us and do a player draft! You can do it as a snake draft with 6 rounds. That'd be fun.

I'm just not a fan of how RFG does it anymore but consider him a buddy and am glad he is helping push the product because at the end of the day I hope to add to my Belle PC ;)

---

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
I honestly thought mine were going to be six individual box breaks like I've done before. I had no idea there would be so much interest in buying one slot for all six boxes.

Definitely a lot of effort involved if you go a different direction, but you've obviously got the experience now from a much more complicated break. It will be interesting to see what slot costs you come up with and what slots are easy to sell vs. hard to sell vs. just won't sell at all and what your bottom line is once the smoke clears. I will be lucky to break even (if you call paying full for your slot breaking even), so I hope you can find a better system.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I'd be interested in a 1998 topps tek slot but I want it to be all astros. Not broken up by player.

Members online