Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Alphanumeric Baseball Challenge: Final Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robertwolf1

Aug 8, 2008
I really enjoyed this contest as well as all of them you've put on.
Looking forward to the next installment.

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
Quite fun! It was doing math for fun that made me like baseball cards in the first place.

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
Good fun all around. While the winners are choosing their prizes, I thought I'd open the floor for suggestions for improvement. A few already come to mind:

1. Do NOT have negative points associated with ballparks that weren't in use in a given year! That was a killer for most teams. At worst, just go with 0 points.

2. Have multiple divisions instead of one giant leaderboard. That way, more folks could stay in the hunt longer. Win your division, advance to the "playoffs", etc...

3. Offer bonus points for HOF pitchers on their own, without requiring a HOF catcher to complete a battery.

Anyway, the template is already built, so it would be easy enough to roll another one out before Opening Day. Thanks again.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Good fun all around. While the winners are choosing their prizes, I thought I'd open the floor for suggestions for improvement. A few already come to mind:

1. Do NOT have negative points associated with ballparks that weren't in use in a given year! That was a killer for most teams. At worst, just go with 0 points.

2. Have multiple divisions instead of one giant leaderboard. That way, more folks could stay in the hunt longer. Win your division, advance to the "playoffs", etc...

3. Offer bonus points for HOF pitchers on their own, without requiring a HOF catcher to complete a battery.

Anyway, the template is already built, so it would be easy enough to roll another one out before Opening Day. Thanks again.

#1 is a must in my book ;)

As for #2 and #3, don't feel strongly about them but it's your game and loved every minute of it! Thanks again and look forward to another "season" lol

-Mac

Members online