Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Any of the "Old Skool" 1980's OPC collectors remember these?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
These came out during the 82/83 Hockey season and they were available as a wrapper redemption. Something like 5 O-Pee-Chee Wax Wrappers and $1.95 Money Order would get you one. Im not sure if Topps did this at all in the 80s for the Topps Hockey. Maybe a US member can answer that.

Anyways i collected a ton of late 70s and 80s OPC and i filled in that Card Locker, right full of 82/83 cards. In 88/1989 when i found out Hockey cards had value, but they had to be in good addition i went looking through all mine and those 82/83's that i stored in the Card Locker had many near mint, mint and gem mint cards. The rest of my collection was not that great as it was stored in garbage bags and a couple shoe boxes :lol:

Here's what they look like and look at some of the teams and the divisions back then, a lot has changed.

So does anyone remember these or still owns one maybe? Haven't seen one of these on the market in many years as most probably got wrecked over the 29 years since they came out. It was a great way to store your cards though and they also stayed in good condition that way. This piece is definitely a unique piece of 1980s OPC collecting.

2wmozo1.jpg
2vhwsv7.jpg

aro13

Dec 23, 2010
I think I got my first one in the mid-70's. After the cardboard boxes they had a plastic one that had a picture of all of the team sports on the outside. I do not have them any more but they look really cool.

Members online

Latest posts