Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone bust any 2014 Panini Hall of Fame?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
I opened 2 boxes and enjoyed it immensely. I didn't get my money back but I liked it. Hoping it drops below $100 soon, and I'll open some more. I sent all my cards to COMC, but I have just the HOF autos which are beautiful but oh too cheap. I also got a nice Musial cut.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Niccccccccccccccccce and under the asking price is always the best

Thanks! The seller worked with me today, took until my third offer but we reached a good deal.

I opened 2 boxes and enjoyed it immensely. I didn't get my money back but I liked it. Hoping it drops below $100 soon, and I'll open some more. I sent all my cards to COMC, but I have just the HOF autos which are beautiful but oh too cheap. I also got a nice Musial cut.

Awesome, glad someone else enjoyed this product also! Have any pics?

good lord what the hell is this @Hawk8
http://www.sears.com/u-s-mint-2014-...121666&cpncode=42-6766940-2&redirectType=SRDT
Sears Marketplace is crazy for sure

They are all over eBay also. Nothing I can afford. Dawson is an avid coin collector so I'm guessing this how this item came to be.

Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
I feel you as I have the same problems with the Doerr's and I only have to worry about the autos! The serial # ones are not appearing consistently at all, and when they do sales are all over the board.

The buybacks are where the real issues are thought as they look exactly like a TTM auto from Doerr, except they have handwritten serial #s in the bottom right corner of the card. That's it---no disclaimer on the back or stamp/foil on the front to tell you it's a licensed auto. In the future, I could see the scammers using this and taking advantage of many players collectors chasing the complete run of their player. Been meaning to email Panini and asked why they did them that way...

Thanks,
Jeff

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
I feel you as I have the same problems with the Doerr's and I only have to worry about the autos! The serial # ones are not appearing consistently at all, and when they do sales are all over the board.

The buybacks are where the real issues are thought as they look exactly like a TTM auto from Doerr, except they have handwritten serial #s in the bottom right corner of the card. That's it---no disclaimer on the back or stamp/foil on the front to tell you it's a licensed auto. In the future, I could see the scammers using this and taking advantage of many players collectors chasing the complete run of their player. Been meaning to email Panini and asked why they did them that way...

Thanks,
Jeff

I bought a buy back today thanks to the eagle eye of [MENTION=3132]Pine Tar[/MENTION]
I had over looked it in my search because I scroll through the thumbnails so fast because there is so much stuff to look through that the card looked like a regular in person auto but I messaged the owner of the card before I bought it and he said that the card is stamped and that you just couldn't see it in the scan. I'm guessing it is an embossed stamp like Donruss used to use on their Recollection Autos. And you are correct, prices are all over the board on this stuff. I have two autos numbered out of 25, one Diamond King numbered out of 5, the buy back numbered out of 10, and a die cut Crusade numbered out of 10, but I haven't picked up any base yet lol. The non numbered auto go for more than the ones I bought that are out of 25 most of the time lol, just have to keep searching.

Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
...but I messaged the owner of the card before I bought it and he said that the card is stamped and that you just couldn't see it in the scan. I'm guessing it is an embossed stamp like Donruss used to use on their Recollection Autos.

Hmmm...will have to look at mine I just got when I get home and verify this. Will update when I do.

Thanks,
Jeff

A_Pharis

Thanks,
Jeff

They are embossed. Top right corners. "2014 Panini Recollection Collection". No foil.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
Awesome, glad someone else enjoyed this product also! Have any pics?

no pics right now - I am in the process of moving, so they're all in a box I think and packed away. When I'm done moving - I'll scan!

Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
They are embossed. Top right corners. "2014 Panini Recollection Collection". No foil.

Thanks for clarifying. Just took a look at my Doerr and it is there but is very hard to see-if I didn't know where or what I was looking for I would of probably never have found it. Here's the best pic of the Doerr-the embossing is very hard to see in any photos at all.
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1416410028.363678.jpg

While I'm glad that they are embossed, my original point still stands because looking at eBay auctions you can barely see the embossing in the majority if the auctions. Most people won't know what they are looking at, or even worse to the unsuspecting or unaware collector, they buy a normal TTM auto #ed after the fact.

Thanks,
Jeff

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Thanks for clarifying. Just took a look at my Doerr and it is there but is very hard to see-if I didn't know where or what I was looking for I would of probably never have found it. Here's the best pic of the Doerr-the embossing is very hard to see in any photos at all.
View attachment 43049

While I'm glad that they are embossed, my original point still stands because looking at eBay auctions you can barely see the embossing in the majority if the auctions. Most people won't know what they are looking at, or even worse to the unsuspecting or unaware collector, they buy a normal TTM auto #ed after the fact.

Thanks,
Jeff

Thanks for the pic!

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
Crusades, Diamond Kings, Elite, Signatures, Five Colors, who doesn't want to open this up and get one of these? No logos doesn't make this card any less beautiful.

scan0106.jpg

at least we know what city he played for!

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Anyone bust any of this lately? Here are some cards that I have picked up and now have in hand. There are 47 Dawsons in this set so I have a ways to go.

2014 Panini Hall of Fame Elite Series:
scan0033.jpg

2014 Panini Hall of Fame Crusades:
scan0034.jpg

2014 Panini Hall of Fame Blue Frame #75 /75:
scan0035.jpg

2014 Panini Hall of Fame '12 Panini Cooperstown Buybacks #6 /10: Thanks [MENTION=3132]Pine Tar[/MENTION] for bringing this one to my attention
scan0036.jpg

2014 Panini Hall of Fame Crusades Gold Die-Cut #8 /10: The scan does not do this card justice
scan0037.jpg

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
My latest pickups, still looking for this stuff, even duplicates.

2014 Panini Hall of Fame Diamond Kings Red #41 /75:
scan0094-1.jpg

2014 Panini Hall of Fame Red Frame Green #9 /10:
scan0095.jpg

2014 Panini Hall of Fame Signatures:
scan0096.jpg

2014 Panini Hall of Fame Signatures:
scan0097-1.jpg

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Still looking for these. Here are my latest pick ups: