Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone else notice the new Leaf listings today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jun 30, 2010
I like it. Its just as personal as using shoptopps.com

Just wait til all other card companies get ahold of this one, They've already been compiling databases of the consumers anyway.....Shop owners did alot of complaining about card companies giving preferential treatment to online dealers because online dealers(and/or distributors) were selling directly to the public. Now manufacturers go directly to your customer.....You shop owners aren't gonna be too happy seeing wax sold directly to your customer: you already complain about small profit margins. It's only a matter of time from the look of things!!!!! Shouldn't then be any more complaints about Blowout/Dave and Adam/Atlanta etc.......

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
IMO these are no different than the guy that makes custom Superfractors. These have no real value, besides he'll just make another set #/5 in a different color next month, then when those sell out make some more.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
I like the looks of the cards, the set /25 doesn't look to be a bad but at $50.
I would like to see the autographed printing plates be inserted into boxes. Especially random retail boxes, add some value to packs in the blasters.

Todd44

Nov 25, 2008
This could be an interesting look at what people think of base. As of 10 eastern, only 4 base sets have been sold, while 14 of each of the /25 and /50 were sold. I think perhaps the price point for the base is a bit high and too close to the /50. If the /50 and /25 dry up, then the base might sell, I guess.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
This could be an interesting look at what people think of base. As of 10 eastern, only 4 base sets have been sold, while 14 of each of the /25 and /50 were sold. I think perhaps the price point for the base is a bit high and too close to the /50. If the /50 and /25 dry up, then the base might sell, I guess.

It'd be interesting to buy 20 of the base sets and run 20 ct lot at auction and see how you'd do.

You'd have to think guys like Lillard Damian Lillard 2012 13 Prestige Rookie Lot 12 Total RC'S | eBay and Wilson 19 Card Lot 2012 Score Russell Wilson Rookie Card 372 RC Seattle Seahawks | eBay would do pretty well given the links I posted.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
IMO these are no different than the guy that makes custom Superfractors. These have no real value, besides he'll just make another set #/5 in a different color next month, then when those sell out make some more.

I think the major difference is the fact that these are licensed by the players. And that's a huge difference. Sure, the lack of logos and league licensing is a bit of a drag, but these are far more on the "up and up." As for the different color #/5 popping up, while I'm doubtful that another unsigned series with same serial-numbers, but different coloring pops up...you can almost be sure that signed versions will pop up. Especially the Lillard.

As for the base set sales, with the price point at roughly $1.50/per card shipped, they will be gobbled up once the numbered versions are gone. All versions are/were priced incredibly fair I think. A #/10 set for $79.99? No brainer.

ljw29

Feb 3, 2010
I think the major difference is the fact that these are licensed by the players. And that's a huge difference. Sure, the lack of logos and league licensing is a bit of a drag, but these are far more on the "up and up." As for the different color #/5 popping up, while I'm doubtful that another unsigned series with same serial-numbers, but different coloring pops up...you can almost be sure that signed versions will pop up. Especially the Lillard.

As for the base set sales, with the price point at roughly $1.50/per card shipped, they will be gobbled up once the numbered versions are gone. All versions are/were priced incredibly fair I think. A #/10 set for $79.99? No brainer.

Agreed as the Lillard and the Wilson would cover that amount easily.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
And I forgot...the #/10 sets were $74.99 each, not $79.99. Looks like one person bought 5...why wasn't that me?

Looks like they are ready to ship as well, I received a "shipped" notice from Paypal.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Just wait til all other card companies get ahold of this one, They've already been compiling databases of the consumers anyway.....Shop owners did alot of complaining about card companies giving preferential treatment to online dealers because online dealers(and/or distributors) were selling directly to the public. Now manufacturers go directly to your customer.....You shop owners aren't gonna be too happy seeing wax sold directly to your customer: you already complain about small profit margins. It's only a matter of time from the look of things!!!!! Shouldn't then be any more complaints about Blowout/Dave and Adam/Atlanta etc.......

I dont complain, I adjust.

If your business model is outdated you should find a new one.

Jun 30, 2010
I do recall Chris that you specifically said that if it wasn't for Non Sports then your shop wouldn't be able to make it. Is that the adjusting you are talking about? And I have adjusted to keeping away from low profit items such as wax where the competition is from online dealers and gone in another direction. Card companies tried to address this issue, as you know, however, now they themselves brought it online. Adjustment made, Complaint warranted just the same..

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008

There are no signed versions of the 12 card set..BG

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008

There are only 120 total sets of BASE version made....
BG

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
No signed version available to parallel this set.. BG

Wow!

Regardless, I'm assuming that the #/25 & #/50 sell out by tonight making it a quick 24 hour sell out of the numbered sets.

Looking forward to seeing these in person for sure.

Posted by witchcraft, voodoo and technological kung fu.

Members online

Latest posts