Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone going to the tristar show in San Fran?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
Just bought my plane ticket at $100 higher than I could have gotten it for last week (stupid not making up my mind)

This will be my first "big" show experience.

sfnorton

Aug 9, 2008
Alameda, CA
Looked at the site and the advance ticket price is $10, but has a handling fee of $5. I suppose it's a deal if the day of tickets are $16 or more. WTF does is cost $5 to process an order?

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Looked at the site and the advance ticket price is $10, but has a handling fee of $5. I suppose it's a deal if the day of tickets are $16 or more. WTF does is cost $5 to process an order?

Its a scam I tells ya. U see the autograph prices? I love Madbum and Posey but jeez

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Can someone provide info on this? I'm in SoCal, and haven't been to a REAL show in YEEEEEARS

Techniq

Jan 2, 2014
South San Francisco, CA
Yup I'll be there.. Been pretty excited the last couple weeks and having a hard time waiting. I rarely get out to shows and even more rarely have a large amount to spend but I have been penny pinching and saving whatever I can over the last couple months so I will be able to go out there loaded for once.

I was interested in a few autos but they are VERY expensive and I will not be getting any from the people signing, although I did want Tyson but I can get a nice certified one, possibly even with a piece of his glove for about that price. hope I have luck picking up tons of autos from vendors/tables though.

Plan on going Friday afternoon.. Don't think I'll make it back out during the weekend. Other than missing the signers, do you guys think there's any real downside to only going on Friday?

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Yup I'll be there.. Been pretty excited the last couple weeks and having a hard time waiting. I rarely get out to shows and even more rarely have a large amount to spend but I have been penny pinching and saving whatever I can over the last couple months so I will be able to go out there loaded for once.

I was interested in a few autos but they are VERY expensive and I will not be getting any from the people signing, although I did want Tyson but I can get a nice certified one, possibly even with a piece of his glove for about that price. hope I have luck picking up tons of autos from vendors/tables though.

Plan on going Friday afternoon.. Don't think I'll make it back out during the weekend. Other than missing the signers, do you guys think there's any real downside to only going on Friday?

I would think that would be the best day to go. With no signers there would probably be less people, only downside I could see is dealers less likely to haggle as much Friday vs Sunday

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
I might find my way up there to check it out. I'm in the market for some '53 Bowman Color slabs, but I'm not sure that'll be a good deal there.

Techniq

Jan 2, 2014
South San Francisco, CA
If anyone who is going happen to be also be stoners or rap fans, HempCon is also going on the same dates as the TriStar show at the Cow Palace and will feature performances from Too Short, Baby Bash, and Paul Wall.

Wouldn't be surprised if Berner showed up too.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
If anyone who is going happen to be also be stoners or rap fans, HempCon is also going on the same dates as the TriStar show at the Cow Palace and will feature performances from Too Short, Baby Bash, and Paul Wall.

Wouldn't be surprised if Berner showed up too.

OK, I was wondering y Lincecum wasn't signing at the TriStar show but that explains it