Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

anyone hon here buy this Griffey on EBay? If so BEWARE!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bcarlson33

Nov 14, 2014
http://m.ebay.com/itm/252038648203

If anyone here was the buyer on this item, I want to warn you about the seller. He had this same Griffey UD BGS 10 listed as an auction a couple weeks ago and I contacted him about it and he mentioned he had a couple other Griffeys not listed, so he took the UD pristine listing down and we made a deal for it and he said he shipped it the next day, so I kept asking for the tracking # and a couple days later...nothing. He then messaged me saying his wife lost the tracking and still have not received the item so I am currently involved in a "Did Not Receive" Case through PayPal on this card and in the meantime we made a deal on other Griffeys but didn't pay until I received the UD Griffey but he mentioned he shipped the other Griffeys which is odd./so I asked about the tracking on it and he finally have me a tracking # but noticed it was accepted at a post office in Michigan and expected to be delivered today and it arrived in California today (I'm in KS, haha)..so I feel he posted a bogus tracking number or a tracking number given to him from something he bought since he lives in CA. So if you bought this or looking at any of his items...BEWARE!!!
He also asked it I would be willing to help him out and send part of the purchase price through moneygram to a client of his as it would save him time. Don't worry, I didn't fall for it and at this point I figured out he is a scammer and I probably would never see the cards, which I was correct and asked for a refund since its been 2 weeks and no card, no tracking on one deal and bogus tracking on the other!
STAY AWAY from this buyer!

Last edited:

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Thanks for the heads up, Not for anything but the price and the picture on the auction would have scared me off, not to mention the low feedback. Sad state these days , but more and more scammers out there. GL on getting your money back.

bcarlson33

Nov 14, 2014
Thanks for the heads up, Not for anything but the price and the picture on the auction would have scared me off, not to mention the low feedback. Sad state these days , but more and more scammers out there. GL on getting your money back.

deal was done via PayPal invoice and made sure he listed the card details in the description to make sure, so hopefully I can get it back. I mentioned I was wary of a deal with him due to low feedback so he mentions half now half after delivery so I agreed. Do you think this will bite me?

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
deal was done via PayPal invoice and made sure he listed the card details in the description to make sure, so hopefully I can get it back. I mentioned I was wary of a deal with him due to low feedback so he mentions half now half after delivery so I agreed. Do you think this will bite me?

I think as long as you can prove that the cards were never delivered to you PP will help you out. PP has always been very helpful to me. Have you tried calling PP? The couple times that they helped me out I spoke to someone on the phone and we were able to clear things up rather painlessly.

bcarlson33

Nov 14, 2014
I think as long as you can prove that the cards were never delivered to you PP will help you out. PP has always been very helpful to me. Have you tried calling PP? The couple times that they helped me out I spoke to someone on the phone and we were able to clear things up rather painlessly.

MeI just looked at my PayPal today to check the progress in the case and noticed it said they have chose my side in the case and I will be receiving a refund. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts