Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Are You Better Than a Professional Baseball Player?

Could You Do Better Than Shaq?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedsFan2993

Jul 14, 2010
No, I never even played high school baseball. Even most people who did play in high school would not be able to put the ball in play more than once.

Shaq Thompson will be making headlines in sports. Just not in baseball.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
It's possible for myself (or anyone here) with luck playing a role. Based on skill, however, not a chance. Even if I make contact, there's no way I'm waddling to first before the ball gets there, even if I cracked one to the right field wall.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Yes, I certainly could.

Kind of a funny story. When I went to start wroking for the Angels, I had just finished playing at Purdue. The day before we were heading to spring training, my boss grabbed me and sat me down. He falt out told me, I am sure you are better than some of these players you are going to see in camp. Just take it in stride, not all of these players will be with us at the end of camp, just keep that in mind.

I got a kick out of it. And he was right, there were some truly dog crap players in that camp!

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
The yes posts in this thread should require a picture.

I get where you're coming from, but baseball is the one sport where fat guys can still prosper, and I would guess most of the yesses are in at least as good of shape (in appearance) as Prince and Kruk :lol:.

Prince-Fielder.jpg
images

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Similar to Clint, I am confident that if given the chance I would do better. Not only would I start out 37 for 37, I would challenge DiMaggio's 56 game hitting streak in my first month as a pro. And I would make it a point to get my 57th hit with a bunt, just to show my range.

Lots of double-headers I assume :D

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
I'd like to think so, but probably not. I'll bet my plate discipline would be horrible and I'd be swinging at every pitch hoping to make contact.

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
The yes posts in this thread should require a picture.

Deal!

I batted .579 for the week at Dodgerstown. I'm pretty sure I could get two hits off GCL pitching out of 37 at bats. Of course I am assuming adequate advance notice to get used to fast pitch again. If you just pulled me off the street and handed me a bat with no preparation.... yeah I would look foolish!

Oates-1.jpg

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
I'd start out the experiment thinking that I absolutely could. Once I struck out for the 15th consecutive time, I'd probably change my tune.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
Yes, I certainly could.

Kind of a funny story. When I went to start wroking for the Angels, I had just finished playing at Purdue. The day before we were heading to spring training, my boss grabbed me and sat me down. He falt out told me, I am sure you are better than some of these players you are going to see in camp. Just take it in stride, not all of these players will be with us at the end of camp, just keep that in mind.

I got a kick out of it. And he was right, there were some truly dog crap players in that camp!

This story is so true of pro baseball. It's a funny game and the pro level can be a head scratcher at times. I see it every day with some of my players and the local talent.

I was down in Baltimore for the pre-draft workout at Camden with one of my pitchers. He threw to Tom Murphy and topped 94 in a stellar bullpen. Didn't even reach the draft room, while some other players there got signed after pretty bad showings & lesser stuff.

Baseball is a strange game.

Members online

Latest posts