Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Authors. Writers. Literary Figures.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
On the home after bringing my mother-in-law home, I stopped at the local discount grocery store near my real local Goodwill. On a whim I hit the GW and found for $2 "Dare to Dream"- signed "Jared, Dare to Dream! Tim Daggett" by Tim Daggett, 1984 Olympic Gold Medalist in gymnastics. Guy's got some big guns!

$T2eC16hHJGoE9nuQhn5vBQ82m274cw~~60_12.JPG

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
The Church With the Golden Roof - Joe Powlas

This was an interesting find (I guess I say that for all lol). I almost left it because the autograph didn't line up with the name, except for the last few letters in the name.

I lined it up with an example from ebay and it's good.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Biggest score EVER!!!!

10 books at a Goodwill highlighted by "Go For Broke" signed Arnold Palmer & William Barry Furlong and a signed first edition by Sidney Sheldon with accompanying letter to the person to whom he sent the book.

Another book ("Harvard And the Education of the Ruling Class" by Ross Gregory) was personalized "To grandma" along with another note to grandma inserted in the book. Guess either grandma did not like the book or is no longer with us.....:lol:

Will list other books when I can.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Biggest score EVER!!!!

10 books at a Goodwill highlighted by "Go For Broke" signed Arnold Palmer & William Barry Furlong and a signed first edition by Sidney Sheldon with accompanying letter to the person to whom he sent the book.

Another book ("Harvard And the Education of the Ruling Class" by Ross Gregory) was personalized "To grandma" along with another note to grandma inserted in the book. Guess either grandma did not like the book or is no longer with us.....:lol:

Have you considered contacting the author and offering to send it back to him? I bet it ended up there because it was with a bunch of books and nobody noticed his was in there.

oiccup41

Aug 27, 2010
Maine
Biggest score EVER!!!!

Where in Maine are you? I check the Bangor Goodwill all of the time and I have never found anything. :D

oiccup41

Aug 27, 2010
Maine
Ouch, now I have competition;-).....in Waterville area but scored at another Goodwill yesterday. It takes patience and lots of luck. Do you collect signed books too?

I don't actively collect autograph books but I do check all of the sports books for autographs if I go to a Goodwill. I mostly look for cards and memorabilia.

I spent about 7 years living in Waterville and working in Waterville/Augusta. I moved to Hampden in 2004.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
I don't actively collect autograph books but I do check all of the sports books for autographs if I go to a Goodwill. I mostly look for cards and memorabilia.

I spent about 7 years living in Waterville and working in Waterville/Augusta. I moved to Hampden in 2004.

I've never found memorabilia or cards at a Goodwill.

...you see the Hampden/Lawrence game yesterday?? Wow.......

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Home after a couple of days away- here are 10 titles, all signed:

"Go For Broke" signed by Arnold Palmer & William Barry Furlong
"Rage of Angels" first edition by Sidney Sheldon with accompanying letter to the person to whom he sent the book
"Harvard And the Education of the Ruling Class" by Ross Gregory, was personalized "To grandma" along with another note to grandma inserted in the book
"Pick Your Poison" by Monona Rossol
"The Summer Wind" by George Anastasia
"The Incumbent" by Brian McGrory, with long inscription
"Blind Man's Bluff" by Christopher Drew
"Murder in a Minor Key" by D.A./David Crossman. Double signed
"Crescent City Kill" by Julie Smith
"The Knowledge of Water" by Sarah Smith

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Quick stop at local GW yesterday landed these 2 signed books:

"Surrender is not an option" by John Bolton, former US Ambassador to the UN
"The lies of George W. Bush" by David Corn, political writer and commentator

Funny, one book is pro GWB and the other is anti GWB. Kinda fits my free thinking ways....

I got a bundle of books I need to scan.......

Members online

Latest posts