Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Authors. Writers. Literary Figures.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Nice!

Too bad he's only signing that book.

However, sometimes the signer will bend the rules a little. Oher did this a lot when I saw him. If you got the book, it might be worth it to bring it with you just in case.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Just a heads up...

I went to ShopKo today (retail store, similar to Wal-Mart, Target, etc) to look at cards and cars, and I browsed the book section and found 3 signed books. They had "autographed copy" stickers on them and they were $6 each.

paris_vendetta.jpg

I am going to grab one but if anyone was interested in the remaining 2, I would grab them for you. $6 + shipping.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Went back and got one.

There were 3 books, but only 2 were signed. All 3 were first editions though.

Anyway, I am happy to have it. He pressed his pen so hard into the book that there is a perfect indentation of the autograph on the next page

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Well, it was moving pretty fast and he was moving around a lot so this is the clearest photo I could get today with my somewhat trusty little digital camera.
SAM_1033.jpg

SAM_1036.jpg

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I had quite the find today...

Ralph Emery's The View From Nashville First Edition

TRIPLE signed book.

Ralph Emery signed it, but it's also signed by Little Jimmy Dickens, and someone else (I can't make the signature out).

Some of Dickens' signatures have sold for over $10.00.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
A cool find.

I already had these, but it's worth sharing. I am moving in August so I am trying to clean out stuff along the way, so I was sorting through a box while watching the Michigan game

I found two copies of "Beneath the Grandstands" by Ray Crump. Ray was the first equipment manager for the Twins back in 1961, so it's just an account of his job.

We bought them at a baseball museum across from the Metrodome. I believe he runs the museum as well.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
A nice day today! Had some time after class so I ran down to the Goodwill.

3 books (I only had $5 so after I found the third I was really hoping I wouldn't find more lol)

Mary Jane Auch - "Glass Slippers Give You Blisters"

Don Klassen, Arthur Gordon, and Bill Hartfiel - "Diamonds" (Argh, another self help book. Oh well lol. Only signed by Don Klassen)

Pat Robertson - "Miracles Can Be Yours Today"

^^Funny thing about that book, I already have a signed copy from the same store, on the same bookplate, and in the same pen. When I saw the title on the binding, I had a feeling it was signed.

frazzles

Jun 3, 2010
Peoria, AZ
168tmag.jpg

Got this book signed maybe 4-5 years ago just after my birthday (hence the inscription) at a show he did at ASU. We chatted a bit, I explained to him the phrases "dropping the kids off at the pool" and "taking the Browns to the Super Bowl" for the first time. It was a fun moment.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Nice! Kinda of interesting the way he did _th birthday

Turns out my Robertson books are pre-prints. Had absolutely no way to tell until I compared books. He doesn't sign TTM either.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
I've hit 4-5 Goodwills over the last month and have hit a signed book just about every time and 2 on several occasions.....need to scan them but here is the list:

"Bird Watching" - bio of Larry Bird signed by author Jackie MacMullen- sportswriter and tv personality
"Why Government Doesn't Work"- signed by author Harry Browne (dec.)- he ran for President in '96 and '00
"Had Enough"- A Handbook for Fighting Back, signed by James Carville (signed on sticker insert)- political figure who ran Clinton's campaign
"Real Change"- signed by Newt Gingrich- former Speaker of the House and Presidential candidate
"Roseanne- My Life as a Woman"- signed by Roseanne Barr- actress and lousy anthem singer
"Chance"- A Spenser Novel- signed by Robert B. Parker- author of Spenser mysteries

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Just recently met Nelson DeMille at a local store who gets about every author who's ever written a book to come through and picked up his latest "The Panther" which he personalized to me. The Panther is the latest in his John Corey series, so I brought along my other John Corey paperbacks, and he also signed all of those. ( Plum Island, The Lions Game, Night Fall, Wild Fire and The Lion)
I don't have any scans of the books, but here's me and DeMille.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByFCB Cards1351731649.962897.jpg
    ImageUploadedByFCB Cards1351731649.962897.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 24

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Another "double" hit today-

Spiritual Liberation signed by Michael Bernard Beckwith- wife says he is on Oprah??
The Last Precinct signed by Patricia Cromwell- crime noveist

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
Haven't added to my Franklin Library in quite awhile, but got a great deal online for this one. One of my favorite authors, John Updike!

011.jpg

013.jpg

012.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts