Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Authors. Writers. Literary Figures.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Man... I looked through so many self-help books today... I am surprised not one was signed (although I am thankful that they weren't). However, I did find something.

Dad, Dames, Demons, and A Dwarf - Mancow Muller (signed) First Edition $1.60

I did some research. He is a radio host in Chicago. He appears on FOX NEWS!!!!! every once and a while. He's also been on Party of Five and Sons of Anarchy.

It appears to be a political book. I love finding those moreso than anything else (except novels, and mega-famous authors although I have yet to find some.)

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
BIG Scores today $18 total at local "antiques mall."

$2 each
"Men of Zeal" signed by co-authors William S. Cohen and George J. Mitchell (both former Senators from Maine and notable political and world leaders- and baseball figure (Mitchell)
"Men of Zeal" signed by George J. Mitchell
"Roll Call" signed by William S. Cohen
"Of Sons and Seasons" signed by William S. Cohen
"Red Lightning Black Thunder" signed by Col. Jimmie H. Butler, USAF

$7.50
"The Moved and Shaken" signed by NHL HOF goalie Ken Dryden
I think this one was a good score since he is a famous hockey player, writer, attorney, and Canadian politician.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Wow, quite the haul!

I wish I had a day like that. I think the most for me is 2, maybe 3.

I actually punted on a couple of other signed books for $2 since I had no idea who the authors were. Some were old 50+ years old. This one seller had all $2 books and there were another 15 signed books. Another seller was 50% off the price so that is where I got the Dryden. That seller also had a bunch of others but I really did not want to pay $30 or more for a book even though they were recognizable names.

Keep hunting because you never know what you'll find.......

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
Hey, all. Have recently added to my small Watergate collection. Have a few more on the way, but these ones are now in hand!

Bob Woodward signed book
007.jpg

008.jpg

G. Gordon Liddy signed book
010.jpg

009.jpg

Ben Bradlee TLS (on Washington Post letterhead!)
011.jpg

Some day I WILL add a Nixon auto, but that will probably have to wait many years, or if I win the lottery. :)

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Quite the haul Andrew!

Speaking of which, I was in an antique shop on Friday and I found an older copy of Call of the Wild.

It looked like it was printed for school use or something, but I saw that and thought it was cool.

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
Quite the haul Andrew!

Speaking of which, I was in an antique shop on Friday and I found an older copy of Call of the Wild.

It looked like it was printed for school use or something, but I saw that and thought it was cool.

Thanks, Taylor. I have a huge Jack London collection and always buy different editions of his novels. I am up to 28 different editions of Call of the Wild, alone!

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
With Pics
"Bird Watching" - bio of Larry Bird signed by author Jackie MacMullen- sportswriter and tv personality
Nov2012bookscans_0009.jpg

"Why Government Doesn't Work"- signed by author Harry Browne (dec.)- he ran for President in '96 and '00
Nov2012bookscans_0004.jpg

"Had Enough"- A Handbook for Fighting Back, signed by James Carville (signed on sticker insert)- political figure who ran Clinton's campaign
Nov2012bookscans_0006.jpg

"Real Change"- signed by Newt Gingrich- former Speaker of the House and Presidential candidate
Nov2012bookscans_0005.jpg

"Roseanne- My Life as a Woman"- signed by Roseanne Barr- actress and lousy anthem singer
Nov2012bookscans_0008.jpg

"Chance"- A Spenser Novel- signed by Robert B. Parker- author of Spenser mysteries
Nov2012bookscans_0007.jpg

"Spiritual Liberation"- signed by Michael Bernard Beckwith- wife says he is on Oprah??
Nov2012bookscans_0002.jpg

"The Last Precinct"- signed by Patricia Cromwell- crime noveist
Nov2012bookscans_0003.jpg

Last edited:

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I had a good day at the thrift store.

3 signed books. I can't remember any of the authors. One was a WWII book though. I'll edit this post with more info.

I also bought a leather bound edition of "Call of the Wild" by Jack London, and one of these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Prayer-My-S...855?pt=US_Nonfiction_Book&hash=item5ae7c940c7

I thought it was signed, but the inserts just appear to be a pre-printed sig. Still a collector's edition, so I am going to sell it.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
I had a good day at the thrift store.

3 signed books. I can't remember any of the authors. One was a WWII book though. I'll edit this post with more info.

I also bought a leather bound edition of "Call of the Wild" by Jack London, and one of these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Prayer-My-Souls-Adventure-w-God-ROBERT-SCHULLER-SIGNED-NOTE-LIKE-NEW-COLLECTOR-/390435782855?pt=US_Nonfiction_Book&hash=item5ae7c940c7

I thought it was signed, but the inserts just appear to be a pre-printed sig. Still a collector's edition, so I am going to sell it.

Nice, jealous as I am at work :benson:- I'm hoping to hit a GW this weekend. There are roughly 15 GW's across Maine and I think I have hit all but 3-4, some a couple of times over the last few years. Looking forward to your post later Taylor.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I have a 3.5 hour gap between classes, usually with nothing to do, so I go bookhunting to waste time, usually a couple times a month.

Here is everything I got,

Signed:

"Clear Conscience: The Atom Bomb vs. The Super Holocaust" by General Raymond Davis and Judge Dan Winn (signed by Winn)
"The Foremost Good Fortune" by Susan Conley
"Face of an Angel" by Denise Chavez

I did find one book by someone, and it was signed with the author's first name, but I didn't know if it was the author or someone else with the same first name, so I left it.

Un-signed:

"The Call of the Wild" by Jack London, 1983 Chatam River Press leather bound edition
"Prayer: My Soul's Adventure with God" by Robert H. Schuller Leather Bound Collector's edition #'d 56338

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
Great books, Scott and Taylor!

Lately, I have resigned myself to mainly just buying the signed books I want online.

Just got one more addition to my Watergate signed book collection in the mail:

001.jpg

002.jpg

Taylor, if you are ever looking to move that Colson book that you have, let me have first shot at it!

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Andrew,

If I move it, you'll be the first on the list!

I have to determine if it's a real signature though since a lot of religious books are pre-prints, but I think it's good

Nice grab by the way. I love seeing historical books.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Something I've debated doing is donating my book collection. While I love collecting signed books, I think my collection could make a library or another institution happy. I wouldn't do it for a while, but it's just a thought.

My university actually has a signed book collection as a part of their library. They have some very nice stuff. I've read about it.

Once I can afford more, I will settle on more of a focus, but for now, I'll stick to the thrift stores.

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
Something I've debated doing is donating my book collection. While I love collecting signed books, I think my collection could make a library or another institution happy. I wouldn't do it for a while, but it's just a thought.

My university actually has a signed book collection as a part of their library. They have some very nice stuff. I've read about it.

Once I can afford more, I will settle on more of a focus, but for now, I'll stick to the thrift stores.

Very cool idea, Taylor!

I have actually made tentative arrangements to donate the bulk of my Jack London collection to one of the key museum collections of his items in Northern California. After I am dead, of course. :)

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
I always wonder what I will do with my various collections down the road. Donating some items is an idea. I did pick up a booklet from Heritage Auctions about estate planning with regards to a collection. Did get very legalese at times but a good read I would recommend (since it was free from Heritage).

Taylor, think any library would like my Roseanne autographed book (which I think is the real deal)??:grin:

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
With pics- in the scanning mood this AM

BIG Scores today $18 total at local "antiques mall."

$2 each
"Men of Zeal" signed by co-authors William S. Cohen and George J. Mitchell (both former Senators from Maine and notable political and world leaders- and baseball figure (Mitchell)
CohenMitchell.jpg

"Men of Zeal" signed by George J. Mitchell
Mitchell.jpg

"Roll Call" signed by William S. Cohen
Cohen2.jpg

"Of Sons and Seasons" signed by William S. Cohen
Cohen1.jpg

"Red Lightning Black Thunder" signed by Col. Jimmie H. Butler, USAF
Butler.jpg

$7.50
"The Moved and Shaken" signed by NHL HOF goalie Ken Dryden
I think this one was a good score since he is a famous hockey player, writer, attorney, and Canadian politician.
Dryden.jpg

Members online

Latest posts