Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BGS graded cards question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

abt3509

May 4, 2010
I was wondering if anyone has done research to know how much (in %) a card increases (in sale value) based on a BGS grade. For example, how much of an increase would a Jason Heyward Bowman Chrome Auto that grades BGS 9 or BGS 9.5 get over a raw card?
Then taking it a step further, what would be the % increase (or multiplier) of refractor auto cards compared to the base chrome auto and so forth with the rainbow? And would the same % increase or multiplier remain the same for refractor BGS 9 or 9.5 cards?
I hope these questions make sense. It is hard to put this in writing.

I guess I am wanting to know if there is a way to make an accurate guess at how much a BGS 9 or 9.5 graded refractor auto would get when I only have sales information for the raw chrome auto.

Any help with this or guess that you may have would be appreciated.

Thanks!

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
It's going to vary greatly depending on a few factors: player, how difficult the card is to grade, how many have been graded, etc. There is no set multiplier for grades but since it seems like you're asking about Bowman Chrome cards, generally, it's around 1.5-1.75x for a gem but there are plenty of exceptions.

abt3509

May 4, 2010
JVC said:
It's going to vary greatly depending on a few factors: player, how difficult the card is to grade, how many have been graded, etc. There is no set multiplier for grades but since it seems like you're asking about Bowman Chrome cards, generally, it's around 1.5-1.75x for a gem but there are plenty of exceptions.

Yes, I am mainly speaking to the Bowman Chrome cards.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
abt3509 said:
JVC said:

Yes, I am mainly speaking to the Bowman Chrome cards.

The best way to go about it is to research recently completed sales on ebay. Most chrome card 9.5's settle in around 1.5-1.75x their raw counterpart price. There will be a premium for low population cards (usually the first bunch graded) and for ones that are notoriously hard to grade (2002 Bowman Chrome Joe Mauer, 2003 Bowman Chrome Hanley Ramirez).

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
For the most part, bowman chromes are very easy to grade.
I realize that that is where "the money"is, but base bowman
Cards are more difficult to gem, especially the older releases

Members online