Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Big News From ITG

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drp

Mar 14, 2010
In The Game is extremely pleased to announce to collectors that Alexander Ovechkin has come back to the manufacturer who introduced him into the trading card world and Alex will be a major part of the ITG product lineup.

"Alexander is one of the most exciting and talented hockey players in the world today and we were the first card company to feature him one cards before he made it to the NHL," said In The Game's President, Dr. Brian Price. "We have had a long working relationship with Alex and are excited about his return to our products."

Ovechkin is set to make his In The Game comeback in the highly-anticipated Canada Vs. The World, which releases in the early Fall of 2011. He will also be featured soon after in Captain-C and Ultimate Memorabilia 11th Edition.

Back in 2004-05, In The Game featured Ovechkin, as an International Prospect, in the first-ever release of Heroes and Prospects. The hobby's reaction to that brand was extremely positive and Heroes and Prospects has become an annual tradition. Alex was a part of many other great releases over the years and his return will allow the company to make more of his cards for In The Game collectors.

Since making his NHL debut during the 2005-06 season, Ovechkin has been one of the most popular players in the hobby and he has had a great deal of success on the ice with the Washington Capitals. The first overall selection in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft, he won the Calder Trophy during his rookie campaign. He went on to lead the league in goals on two occasions and has received numerous awards including the Hart Trophy in 2007-08 and 2008-09. In 2010-11, he was able to reach the 300-goal plateau.

"In The Game has always listened to collectors and has consistently succeeded in delivering them the players they want to see," said Price. "Next season is going to be loaded with many surprises and we sincerely hope that even more hobbyists will begin to collect the cards we produce.

This is GR-8-T news.

Brian Price

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
One of my favorite cards in my collection is an ITG dual auto of Ovechkin and Bergeron (my favorite non-Bruin and Bruin). There have been some great Ovechkin cards so far, and I'm looking forward to seeing more. Great signing!

Members online

Latest posts