Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Box O' Goodies - Who Wants to Participate?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Lance I think he is saying that Dan (unsure who he is ) wants to send cards in
to basically trade for the cards he wanted. Then Bill is going to add more in compensation after he
goes to a card show. Seems fair enough to me ( disclaimer I am pissed Broncos lost) so maybe
I am not reading correctly)

That's not really what's going on. Dan was already sending cards to add to the box just because he wanted to add to this awesome thread again. He mentioned he might have to re consider joining in rd 3 because he liked several cards so Bill offered him some cards to return his kindness. I say we just start box 3 off with Dan.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
I also see [MENTION=3275]Lancemountain[/MENTION]s side too because he added some very nice cards above & beyond most if not all the other cards, and wanted to see them as a part of rd 3.

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
I'm gonna sit this one out until I have earned the trust of you all, tryin to rebuild the bridge.

Looking for Alex Rodriguez Cards, PM me.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
The cards will be available for rd3 and I am adding stuff to it. I appreciate Bills offer but whomever is in this round will get them and whatever I add in.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
Bill just send the box to Dan first. DAN take the cards you like and add the cards you were going to send to Bill.

Lance that was a total XXXXX move, Dan has been nothing but over generous to this effort since its inception I can't believe anyone would even have the balls to question that

I have nothing against you Lance but that was bull.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
I appreciate it fellas, but I am just going to donate cards to this round. I want this to work out for everyone and keep going strong. I'm sorting through cards now to add and hopefully they'll find their way to a few people's collections.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
It has nothing to do with dan, Alex. Plenty of people were generous with this box. I don't understand how someone who donated to the box, was given, literally, the only four cards worth anything out of the entire box.

I added those cards because the box wasn't very good. I added them so people could look at different kinds of cards. Maybe take one and leave the others for the next guy. I didn't add them to be cherry picked out.

Nothing personal towards dan at all.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
They're all going to be in there Lance...and then some. I have no idea what's in that box to even begin to know that those were/are the four best. I haven't kept up with the thread as well as I'd have liked.

I'm going to send some stuff that I hope people will like. It looked like Gary was adding a ton of stuff that was cool, and I want nothing but the best for this thread.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
I'll so add that I loved getting the box because I like to look at cards. We all do, that's what we are doing here.

My focus is so small that I never run into a lot of the cards/sets in the box. It's enjoyable to look through them.

I'm fascinated with vintage and that's my main current focus. Just the shear thought of where this card has been, who owned it. The person who pulled one of the ginters. Was a smoker and threw the card at his kid. The kid could have just as easily gotten a Cominsky but was probably happier with the grouse!

I was hoping the pafko ended up in a team collection. I was hoping people could see these ginters and imagine like I imagine. I was hoping it would make the box more fun and more enjoyable.

That's all. Again I got nothing but love for dan but to see what I was trying to add to the box removed from it really sucked.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
How about this - the only cards added and removed from the Box O' Goodies are from people who participate in the Box O' Goodies... that seems pretty simple and easy to follow. I think it's GREAT people want to donate to the box but from what I've been hearing, the Box O' Goodies is not on life support and it probably is too full at the moment and is probably going to two boxes before long.

With that said, I'd point to the free-to-go-home thread and the upper free-to-go-home thread as great places to give and take cards to help support the board, members, etc.

Just my two cents

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
It has nothing to do with dan, Alex. Plenty of people were generous with this box. I don't understand how someone who donated to the box, was given, literally, the only four cards worth anything out of the entire box.

I added those cards because the box wasn't very good. I added them so people could look at different kinds of cards. Maybe take one and leave the others for the next guy. I didn't add them to be cherry picked out.

Nothing personal towards dan at all.

Lance, as the guy who put a lot of cards into the box before sending it to you, allow me to say, "Ouch!"

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Since the first round the box has evolved into something awesome with some great cards. Round one was basically us getting a feel for how it was gunna go and learning to crawl, and now it's up on its feet and almost at a full sprint.

There has been some great stuff added.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Perhaps I made a mistake in doing what I thought was a no-brainer. I didn't think through the perspectives of others and just thought about wanting to help out another member who has been very generous to those of us who share the community.

In fact, my comment about anyone having anything negative to say about the gesture keep it to themselves was made in jest b/c I didn't think there was anyway to say anything negative, but again, I didn't look at it from all perspectives.

The cards have been put back in the box. Dan, I did not ship them yet, so I am just going to put them back in there. Who gets them, where they end up, I don't know. Do they even make it past the first receiver on the next round? Who knows.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I still don't see why Dan can't just get the box first in round 3, take what he wants, add what he wants, take a few extra days to get to a PO and on we go down the road...

Members online

Latest posts