Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Burbank Pricing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
There is nothing more than I hate than to see a Belle card just being listed over and over and over again for years with the same high ridiculous price tag. As you said, just showing it off with no real need/want to actually move or sell the card... just shoving it in my face lol

Jun 30, 2010
Burbank has a phenomenal business model and Rob also puts his money where his mouth is. How many of you are willing to pay money for, say, a 5000ct box of 1990 Upper Deck and pay someone 35-50 dollars to sort the darn thing? Or buy a collection for $100,000 or more if need be. That is why his commons are priced as such and why he has the quantity that he does and provides a tremendous service. I have met him on a few occasions and he has a great enthusiasm for the hobby and cares for it as well.

That being said, would I personally pay 1.00 for a common player...No, not really. But that's just me, but I don't have the need. Those that need 5 cards to complete a set may more than willing. However, it reminds me of a guy who came in my shop years ago and asked for a common Braves player. Brad Clontz. I asked him how many he wanted and he said as many as I had. I asked him what he wanted to pay and that I had about 250 of the cards. He said 1.00 each because he was having Clontz do an autograph signing. I sold him his cards and he left a super happy man. If someone is willing to pay the price am I wrong or is Burbank also wrong. Emphatically NO....

IMHO. I think we need to embrace Burbank instead of complaining. He provides a great service and actually places value in the hobby.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Exactly , you can't base value on the last completed eBay sale or whatever. There is more to it and if there are those willing to do it for a lot less that's their business model. But Burbank hasn't become what they are and a valuable part of the hobby because they are clueless.

Ryan

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I've been a fan of Burbank for years. Pretty sure 20% of my player collection probably came from them. Never had an issue and the cards were obviously priced at a price I was willing to pay

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
automvp may have sold 89 1/1's , but the players he has bought and overpriced (that i KNOW are overpriced because i pretty much AM the end-user/target audinece for those cards....for the 4 players in question , aside from those few that i lost to him , i've won every one i've ever seen on ebay , most in the $3-7 range for the non-auto plates that he has prices at 50-75 each).....for the player i'm referring to , exactly ONE card (a 2007 limited platinum spotlight) has sold for more than $40....even that one only went that high because i knew the 07 limited master set builder was going for it so i intentionally overbid by a ton in hopes i'd be one of the few people to top him , but he still edged me out at just over $100) .....aside from that one , not even an autographed 1/1 of the player in question has sold for over 40 .... the highest actual SALE of a plate was 17 when the product was brand new in 2007 and the player was actually starting (but he was out of the league by the end of the next season)...when the average sales price over a 5 year period is $6 with none even approaching 20 , his prices of 50 and 75 are simply insane....

i also know that hi5ahusker sells tons of plates...never said he didn't....and while he does outbid actual collectors on 1/1's and then quickly relist them , at least his mark-up are semi-reasonable ....usually an item he won for 3-7 will be listed in the 12-20 range and then marked down by 20-50% if it doesn't sell within the first few months....as mentioned , occasionally one of his items on sale will end up being less than he paid for it....definitely not like automvp....buy for 7 , list for 75...pay 20 , ask 150....buy for 40 , ask 250....i just am not crazy over non-collectors who outbid true collectors only to jack up the prices the following week....had one who KNEW he was bidding against me on a 1/1....he won it....5 minutes later he sent me an e-mail offering to sell it to me - for 4 times what it had just sold for....i told him flat out that if i wasn't willing to bid more than he did , what on earth made him feel i would be willing to pony up 4 times that ...his reply ? i knew you wanted it so i was buying it for you....that ass-clown in particular just put me in a bad mood regarding this subject....

Damn, that sucks.

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
There is nothing more than I hate than to see a Belle card just being listed over and over and over again for years with the same high ridiculous price tag. As you said, just showing it off with no real need/want to actually move or sell the card... just shoving it in my face lol

A lot of dealers on Ebay seem to do that with vintage cards.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
What's your secondary hobby ?

i like to build electronic circuits and do various electronic DYI projects and am turing my attention to learning about Arduino microprocessor and how to code it as I work through some tutorial projects. The category for electronics components and accessories are not ebay bucks eligible unless I lucked out and a rare purchase was miscategorized (I use search, not categories to find stuff on ebay).

Back to burbank, I guess one of you in FCB land has joined me in following one item in Burbank's inventory. I was the first to watch it after reading this thread and someone else joined in a few hours later so there are 2 watchers now. Price hasn't been changed so maybe Burbank is following this thread and not increasing prices on items that are being watched or the item doesn't meet their watch criteria for increasing the price. I will continue to watch it to see if the price eventually gets jacked. I have no interest to BIN as I have the card plus their BIN is about double what I paid for the same cert auto card that I won at auction.

Last edited:

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
They just listed a card on my wantlist for $75 BIN =(
Cards from that set have been selling around $20. Sent them an ebay message and they responded fairly quick and very polite but wouldn't accept an offer.

BamKat

Jan 23, 2015
I have done lots of business with him. Great guy! He has always given me great prices and has sent more than what I paid for. The only thing I have ever purchased from him was in bulk.... multiples of the same item to resale individually. I did try and buy a single from him one time a 1/1 that was way overpriced of a player who never sniffed the feild.... he would not budge and he has had it listed for 8 years.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I'm getting the feeling the OP theory can be debunked. There are now 6 people watching the item I selected at random and became the first watcher a few weeks ago. The price has not been increased because there are people watching it. I suppose if this athlete makes the big club when spring training camp breaks, there might be a price increase because of that.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
I broke down and purchased 45 Stantons from them yesterday. None were particularly overpriced - I think the most expensive was around $4. Most were $1.25 or so.

I'm sure I could have gotten them for 50 cents each at a show, but that would require spending $50 in gas to drive to Dallas. Not worth it.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
THE DOWNSIDE IS WHEN THEY SHIP 45 CARDS AND YOU GET 135 ALERTS FROM YOUR PHONE, TABLET AND MP3 PLAYER IN THE SPAN OF 18 SECONDS

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I recently overpaid for a 2004 UD Pro Sigs Matt Ford (who?) Autograph that I needed for my Brewers collection. It arrived today and turned out to be the blue ink /25 version. I still overpaid by probably triple but it hurts less. Not sure if they sent the wrong card or had the wrong stock photo. (It was the only one of it's kind they had listed so I assume either way I shouldn't loose sleep over keeping it). I probably said it earlier in this thread but I've been a fan of their service and selection for years. I don't begrudge their prices in the least

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
I've made one purchase from Burbank (Jon Kitna 2000 Prism patch card /15).

They had it priced at $35 with no photo. I sent them an email and told them that I would purchase it if they put up a scan. Scan was uploaded within a day and card came great.

I can't fault them for their business model, but I would buy a lot more cards from them (they have like 10 cards from the 2001 Vanguard patch set), if they were about 30% less.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts