Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cal Ripken, Jr. collector's thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Came in today.

1996SPMarqueeMatchups.jpg
1996SPMarqueeMatchupsDieCuts.jpg
1997SelectArtistsProofs.jpg

:D

2005LeafLimitedLumberjacksSignature.jpg

:D

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
Do any of you guys have one of the 2004 SP Game Used Patch Triple Authentic #RVS of Ripken, Ozzie Smith and Vizquel? I think they were numbered /10.

The reason I ask is that I'm putting a website together with scans of every one of my Vizquel cards, front and back. I'm also including samples (when possible) of those cards I don't have. If anyone has one of these, I'd love to see it and "borrow" scan for the site. I'd make sure I referenced it as yours! I don't want to hijack your thread, so if you do feel free to PM me. I'll also check with the Ozzie Smith collectors. Hopefully between these 2 groups, someone's got it. Thanks!

Example below of what I'm doing. This is an unlicensed Venezuelan card...

UnknownVenezuelanUnlicensed.jpg

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
LaneyB said:
Hey Russ, how much of that bonus money do you have left? You've had some amazing pickups the past few weeks...months... :D
That bonus money was/is LONG gone. LOL. :cry:
But I have to admit, COLA isn't too bad. ALmost as good as the deployment pay. Of course Germany is little more expensive than A-Stan. LOL

I have been very fortunate with some cheap pickups & great BIN's of some very nice cards.
Thanks for the kind words. No luck on the Crusades arriving today. The wait is torture!

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
I've had this item for awhile and wasn't sure if it a recognized Ripken item, and if so, how rare it is. I got it from a friend who was a salesman for Morley Candy Bars in 1992 when they had the Cal Bar and a Puckett Bar, etc. Apparently some of these oversize Ripkens were given to sales reps and he seemed to think that they weren't very common. Has anyone seen this? It is 9" x 9" with a blank white back and the stock is thinner than regular card stock. It's similar to the candy bar wrapper except the facsimile autograph is in a different location.

CalRipkenCandyBar.jpg

I have some of these advertising sheets as well. Check out the high top fade on Randall.

1227984713.jpg

LaneyB

Aug 7, 2008
North Carolina
Russ S. said:
LaneyB said:
Hey Russ, how much of that bonus money do you have left? You've had some amazing pickups the past few weeks...months... :D
That bonus money was/is LONG gone. LOL. :cry:
But I have to admit, COLA isn't too bad. ALmost as good as the deployment pay. Of course Germany is little more expensive than A-Stan. LOL

I have been very fortunate with some cheap pickups & great BIN's of some very nice cards.
Thanks for the kind words. No luck on the Crusades arriving today. The wait is torture!

I'm not doing too bad in Miami, per diem is $66/day. I'm trying to save as much as possible but that's been tough lately!

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
A few new pickups: 1999 UD View to a Thrill Triple /100, 1999 UD Choice Prime Choice Reserve /100, 1998 Donruss Crusade Green /250

90s.jpg

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
Hey crew, thought I would pass on some information about some completed interviews that are yet yo be published on my site. Some of you may be interested in the information they provided. In no particular order:

1. The second part of the interview with Cat Whitfield. The first part has already been posted.

2. J.W. Morey- Legendary TTM collector and photographer of the Ripkens in 1981

3. Mike Tamburro- GM for the Pawtucket Red Sox when the Longest Game between the Rochester Red Wings and Sox took place.

4. Mike Aronstein- Founder of TCMA.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Nice Card TY.

Nothing too big in todays mail. Just 2.

1995 Select Certified Sample
1995SelectCertifiedSamples.jpg

1995 Score Rules Jumbo /3000 (Kinda hard to find)
1995ScoreRulesJumbo0313-3000.jpg

Members online

Latest posts