Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Can someone break down the hierarchy of rookie cards for me?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TelePlayer22

Aug 7, 2008
I haven't really looked at cards in 4+ years.. at that time, Bowman Chrome reigned supreme Donruss Elite and Bowman Sterling autographs ranked a notch below

However, Ebay seems completely saturated with cards now. For instance, from looking at Francisco Lindor cards, he has:

Bowman Chrome Autograph AND a USA Autograph
USA Dual autographs??
Bowman Platinum and the Dual Autographs
Bowman Sterling
Aflac Autograph
2013 Bowman Chrome autograph
Topps Green autographs
Contenders
Elite
Leaf Valiant
Rize Rookie(?)
Limited Matchups??

I hadn't even heard of a few of these cards... no clue what a Rize Rookie is. For people that are wondering why it's difficult for people to be interested in the card industry this is what's turning me away. It's daunting and puzzling to figure out which card you would want (particularly since you have multiple versions of each card). When a player performs well, which is the card to own? I miss the days of a Bowman Chrome card with refractors, xfractors, golds, and 1/1s!

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I can already hear the snide comments.

Basically, you're take from 4 years ago is still rock solid. Bowman Platinum probably is the newest to you, and that would slide in right alongside Bowman Sterling.

cardboardtracker

May 1, 2013
Ok. I'll take at stab this.

I'm assuming you just mean Lindor's cards in general since he still isn't a rookie yet and no true rookie card has been produced.

Not much has really changed other than the introduction of some new lines.

Bowman Chrome is still the gold standard for autos.

The topps stuff will generally get a bump for having MLB licensing over any other brand with maybe the exception of national treasures.

After that it's really how the different brands are pricing out. That is really the only way to determine where a product lies in the hierarchy.

cardboardtracker

May 1, 2013
I can already hear the snide comments.

Basically, you're take from 4 years ago is still rock solid. Bowman Platinum probably is the newest to you, and that would slide in right alongside Bowman Sterling.
I'd say that's pretty dead on.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Basically, the top 5 are still what you wrote.

Topps produced the XXXX out of usa autos & their license wasnt renewed (panini makes them now).

Contenders is no longer made & Rize isnt sold in packs, mostly only on line.

Stuff like "limited counterparts" & such are insert autos.

It boils down to "chrome is king" still & everything else is not (unfortunately).

Members online

Latest posts