Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cards you don't think exist but are on a checklist......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
2002 Topps Pujols with correct photo on back

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app
That was my post in this thread. I believe Rich Klein responded that he knows it exists, but how is it possible that they NEVER come up for sale on any site?

I don't think they're out there.

IUjapander

Jan 28, 2011
Indianapolis
Such a classic thread. Love it.

---
Looking for Albert Belle cards! PM me!

I had two thoughts about this thread.

1. It's awesome seeing the dedication us card collectors have searching for these things.

2. Why is it so hard for manufacturers to keep track of what they produce and provide accurate lists?

petMonster

Jan 20, 2012
Not sure if I mentioned it before in this thread, but the 2008 UD Masterpieces 1/1 Red parallels do not exist DESPITE continuing to show up on every internet checklist. The only way these exist is if the sheets were printed but never made it into packs, in which case some lucky employee or collector probably has them all stashed away.

Also, the 2007 UD SP Rookie Edition Daisuke Matsuzaka auto redemptions were never fulfilled, so if anyone is looking to build that set you can cross those off the list.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Freedom Card Board mobile app

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
2009 SP Authentic Signatures Dual Auto /15 #DJ Denard Span/Justin Morneau
2009 SP Authentic Signatures Dual Auto /15 #DN Denard Span/Nick Blackburn

There are 2 different Dual Autos on the checklist featuring Denard Span/Nick Blackburn. I have one of them #ND so I highly doubt that they would make 2 different cards with different #'s of the same 2 players. The Span/Morneau hasn't been seen by any big Morneau collectors, but with them being #'d/15 it might be a little harder to find out if it for sure wasn't made.

petMonster

Jan 20, 2012
This is a fairly new release so hopefully it'll be easy for someone to confirm...

I have yet to see a 2012 Panini Prizm USA Baseball "Prizms" [URL=http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=USA1]#USA1 0[/URL] Austin Jackson. That "Prizms" means the refractor version. I've seen all the other players posted on eBay and COMC and they are all quite easy to obtain, but to this day I still have not seen the Austin Jackson emerge, nor can I find a hint of an old sale/auction for one.

My guess is that they printed these together on a sheet that was 3 cards x 3 cards (which would be cards #USA1 - USA9), and being that Austin Jackson is card [URL=http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=USA1]#USA1 0[/URL] , Panini decided to not waste a whole sheet of material for one single card.

If anybody has seen this or happens to own it, please let me know. Otherwise I would like to cross this off my checklist so that I can say I have completed my 2012 Panini rainbow for Austin Jackson.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
1999 SP Signture Edition Auto RHE. Rickey didn't sign the cards and no one knows if the cards were ever released unsigned or not. Beckett has the auto listed on their list. If the unsigned version does exist, I would love to get a copy and have it signed.

Luck15Hope

Jan 11, 2012
2011 Topps Marquee Museum Collection Ryne Sandberg Autograph #/10

This the one youre referring to?

sandberg.jpg

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
This is a fairly new release so hopefully it'll be easy for someone to confirm...

I have yet to see a 2012 Panini Prizm USA Baseball "Prizms" #USA1 0 Austin Jackson. That "Prizms" means the refractor version. I've seen all the other players posted on eBay and COMC and they are all quite easy to obtain, but to this day I still have not seen the Austin Jackson emerge, nor can I find a hint of an old sale/auction for one.

My guess is that they printed these together on a sheet that was 3 cards x 3 cards (which would be cards #USA1 - USA9), and being that Austin Jackson is card #USA1 0 , Panini decided to not waste a whole sheet of material for one single card.

If anybody has seen this or happens to own it, please let me know. Otherwise I would like to cross this off my checklist so that I can say I have completed my 2012 Panini rainbow for Austin Jackson.

It exists; there's been at least one copy on COMC:

db190bcb-dd49-4838-9fe5-3b4bdae6c143.jpg
db190bcb-dd49-4838-9fe5-3b4bdae6c143.jpg

jflan702

Sep 25, 2008
outside of Boston
2004 Leaf Second Edition #195 Barry Bonds. Shows on the checklists, but people state Barry did not sign the contract so they were pulled from the release. I see the base set has it but not the Second Edition one. I had called DLP a few times before they closed up shop and was told that the card was definitely produced and released. I have opened literally dozens of boxes of this product and never seen a copy. This is the Second Edition version that I am speaking about. In the white box above the players name it says Second Edition.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I didn't even realize that there was a glossy set until i was sorting through dupes and sleeving them, when I came across a single glossy garvey card.

Any more confirmations that these cards do exist?
I still haven't seen a 1990 Pacific Glossy Dave Kingman or a 1973-74 Charles Linett Kingman 8X10 charcoal drawing...

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I found a photo of one on COMC, but it's sold out. Maybe you already found one, since this post is old anyway.

http://www.comc.com/Cards/Baseball/1985/Reuss_Cystic_Fibrosis/1/Jerry_Reuss/1901671

I am a Dodgers collector and have a ton of cards on my bucket list that I haven't seen for sale but I have at least seen evidence that they exist from pics in forums, etc.

The only four cards I have NEVER seen a picture of or anything to prove they exist are:

1985 Jerry Reuss Cystic Fibrosis card
1985 MSA Thom McAn Fernando Valenzuela (colorB variation; not yellow)
1976 MSA Red Barn Andy Messersmith (Dodgers variation)
1976 MSA CRANE Andy Messersmith (Dodgers variation)

I know the Messersmith Braves variations exist but I have never seen a Dodgers one.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
I'm still trying to figure out 2008 Tristar Prospects Plus "Retail" version.

I never recall seeing any retail 08 Prospects Plus, and have never been able to tell the difference between any of the cards.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts