Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

cjedmonton's 3rd Annual Super Boxscore Bingo Contest: Signup Closed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
Here's another round of my signature game...Super Boxscore Bingo!

For those not familiar with it, please see the details below.

The game is open to the first 50 contestants, or 6pm EST on Friday April 5th...whichever comes first.

Simply post your intent to play in this thread.

Any questions, just ask!

OVERVIEW

By looking through online MLB boxscores, try to match and cross off as many scenarios as possible on your card.

If you cross off every square in a single color coded section and are the first to submit it to me via PM, you win (see the Prize Payout section for more details).

MLB.com must be used to verify all boxscores.

ESPN.com is used to verify the daily strikeout and home run leaders. You'll only need to refer to this link if you have a "Bombs Away" or "Lights Out" scenario in your Wild Card (green) section.

1. Only one card per contestant

2. Each card is 100% randomly generated

3. Each card has 36 squares, broken down into 6 sections:

a. Team Pitching (blue)
b. Team Batting (pink)
c. Miscellaneous (orange)
d. Starting Pitcher (purple)
e. Top Individual Batter (yellow)
f. Wild Card (green)

4. Each card also has 3 free spaces located at the bottom of the card (one per section). Each free space is identified by a code that refers to one of the main 36 squares. It reads just like a game of Battleship (A2, E4, etc...). Simply cross reference the row and column to find out what your free spaces are.

HOW TO PLAY

1. Starting with the March 31st game between Houston and Texas, check the boxscores for the scenarios shown on your card. If you find an outcome that is an exact match to the one shown on your card, you can cross off that square.

2. Be sure to mark down the date of each boxscore you use to cross off a square. This is very important when the time comes to submit your entry to me as a potential winner.

3. Once you cross off all squares having the same color, you are eligible to win a prize. Please send me a PM with the section color and boxscore dates you want me to confirm. If you are the first to PM a correct entry for that section, you win!

4. The first person to cross off a complete "X" will win a $50 gift card to MLB.com.

NOTES

1. The most important rule of this game is that each of your scenarios must be an exact match to what you find in the boxscores

2. Once a winning section is submitted, no one else may win that color

3. Contestants can win more than one color, so long as they're the first to PM a winning section

4. For the Top Individual Batter section, you must use the player with the highest number for that scenario. If you look at the sample card below, you'll see the first scenario in the top batter section (yellow) reads:

Kansas City
Thurs-Sun Game
2 Runs Scored

In order to cross this space off, you must have the top scoring Royal score exactly twice in a game between Thursday and Sunday. If one Royal scores 2 runs and another one scores 3 runs, you cannot cross that space off. Always look at the single highest total for a scenario when attempting to cross the space off.

5. As mentioned previously, your card may have a "Bombs Away" or "Lights Out" scenario in your Wild Card (green) section. These scenarios refer to the entire league on a particular range of dates. Simply go to the ESPN Daily Leaders link at the top of this thread and find the total number of home runs hit or number of pitchers who struck out 9+ on a date that fits your scenario.

6. I'd like to clarify one scenario involving men left on base. If you get that scenario for an individual batter, just read his individual LOB number from his boxscore line. If you get Team LOB, you have to go down to the batting summary to get the number. For some reason, Team LOB is usually different than simply adding up the individual LOB numbers. I don't know why...can anyone explain?

7. If you have any doubt as to how to read one of your scenarios, please ask. There are plenty of folks on this board who have played the game before, and should be able to help you out in case I'm not around.

PRIZE PAYOUT

1. Completing an entire color coded section: $25 Paypal gift

2. Completing an entire "X": $50 MLB.com gift card

NOTE: An "X" consists of 2 intersecting diagonal lines; one running from the top left corner to the bottom right corner, and the other running from the bottom left corner to the top right corner.

SAMPLE CARD

samplecard.jpg

Last edited:

tommyd2107

Oct 29, 2009
I am in, just to clarify, once we are given our board, we can go back to the first game of the season and can use those box scores to check off squares?

wildcat4

Aug 7, 2008
Southern Illinois
I'll give it a shot.

As for the LOB question, the total team LOB is calculated by the number of runners left on base when the 3rd out is recorded at the end of each half inning. So if two runners are left on at the end of the top of the first inning then that's two LOB towards the team total for that team. If two more runners are left on when the team comes to bat again the total rises to four. If no runners on left on the third time that team hits then the total stays at four through 3 innings.
Individual LOB is how many men were left on base when the hitter was at the plate. So one guy can leave 2 or 6 or 9 men on base over the course of the game. Or one guy could leave 0 on base over the course of a game. But that is only his total when he was at the plate.
Hope I helped in solving that question.

nbailey

Apr 2, 2010
I would like to participate.

I have a blast with all of your games cjedmonton, you are my hero.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
Re: cjedmonton's 3rd Annual Super Boxscore Bingo Contest: Sign Up Here

Count me in for another fun game!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

Latest posts