Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cool story here, especially for those who go back to the old BMB's..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
Last week I sold a box of 2004 Bowman Baseball Draft Picks & Prospects to a buyer. I packaged it up and sent it out quickly. I sent an email to the buyer as I always do letting them know it's been shipped out and when they can expect it. So just now I sent a follow-up email since I see the buyer has received it on Friday, again it's something I always do to make sure the buyer is happy with what they received and their overall satisfaction with the transaction.

SO, I go to contact the buyer and I see the name Phil Hughes, which I guess I hadn't noticed perhaps in my haste to get it packaged and dropped in the mail. I thought, ok, I know that name but then as this ole' noggin started working I thought "Wait a minute, the guy's name is Phil Hughes, He bought a box of 2004 Bowman Draft, and in this product there is a pitcher drafted by the Yankees who has his Autographed card in it by the name of Phillip Hughes." His eBay name is philspullz. So then I googled Phil Hughes and found he has a YouTube channel called Phil's Pulls. Maybe some of you already know this but I did not.

So I checked out the video and sure enough it is Phil Hughes, former MLB pitcher and Yankees Draft Pick. And for some older BMB members here you'll remember him being a member and posting many pics of cards that Topps and other Co's had sent him to sign. I know a lot of people then also sent him cards to get autographed which he gladly did for everyone.

So here's the video I watched that he just posted about 12 hours ago, and although I don't know if this was my box as he said he has a few other boxes of this, it's pretty cool to see him opening boxes in what he calls "Looking for my own card."

I thought it was pretty neat and I thought maybe you guys would enjoy it too!

https://youtu.be/jhZVkGqkQWM

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
Fun to see players opening packs looking for themselves or friends...they always have fun little blurbs to tell about many of the guys.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
A slight crack, although true, by him on his own career. He said the product was cheap because none of the autographed cards really took off, price wise.

I don't watch breaks usually, but it is probably more interesting hearing some personal comments from a play who played with or against some of these guys.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
I've heard of him and watched a few of his breaks. He spends some bucks that's for sure.

Glad he's making videos like this as it is taking the vanilla 'video break' and making it at least watchable.

Fordman

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Andrew Volpe told me that his grandad was buying up all of his cards, when I was talking baseball cards with him at Pulaski, last year.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
He's trying to corner the market and manipulate prices!! Get your Hughes autos before it's the new 64 Flood.

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
I remember him coming on-line and posting and talking with other collectors when he was a current player. That was always cool to be a part of.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I've watched his stuff before, I like what he does compared to most people out there. I saw when that video got posted and thought it was funny he was looking for his stuff. Pretty cool it might have been the box you sold him.

Members online

Latest posts