Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cool story here, especially for those who go back to the old BMB's..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Since retiring he's gotten more into cards. He seems to have some sort of following as to what rookies to buy and I think he does box breaks and such like that.

ccouch (Chad)

Aug 8, 2008
The stuff some people keep on this site that came from the old boards never ceases to amaze me.

Ain't that the truth. I still have an old e-mail account full of BMB e-mails circa 2004 through 2008. The best is an especially hate-filled HOF Veteran's Committee exchange with a bunch of us from Feb. 2008. What's the statute of limitations on posting that stuff (with names withheld to protect the not-so-innocent, of course)? LOL...

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Ain't that the truth. I still have an old e-mail account full of BMB e-mails circa 2004 through 2008. The best is an especially hate-filled HOF Veteran's Committee exchange with a bunch of us from Feb. 2008. What's the statute of limitations on posting that stuff (with names withheld to protect the not-so-innocent, of course)? LOL...
I think I still have most of that HOF list 😇

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!

The statute of limitations has passed. POST AWAY!

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO

Feb. 2008? 13 years Chad, 13 years! Release The Kraken!! Lol..

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Nov 6, 2019
Arizona
Last week I sold a box of 2004 Bowman Baseball Draft Picks & Prospects to a buyer. I packaged it up and sent it out quickly. I sent an email to the buyer as I always do letting them know it's been shipped out and when they can expect it. So just now I sent a follow-up email since I see the buyer has received it on Friday, again it's something I always do to make sure the buyer is happy with what they received and their overall satisfaction with the transaction.

SO, I go to contact the buyer and I see the name Phil Hughes, which I guess I hadn't noticed perhaps in my haste to get it packaged and dropped in the mail. I thought, ok, I know that name but then as this ole' noggin started working I thought "Wait a minute, the guy's name is Phil Hughes, He bought a box of 2004 Bowman Draft, and in this product there is a pitcher drafted by the Yankees who has his Autographed card in it by the name of Phillip Hughes." His eBay name is philspullz. So then I googled Phil Hughes and found he has a YouTube channel called Phil's Pulls. Maybe some of you already know this but I did not.

So I checked out the video and sure enough it is Phil Hughes, former MLB pitcher and Yankees Draft Pick. And for some older BMB members here you'll remember him being a member and posting many pics of cards that Topps and other Co's had sent him to sign. I know a lot of people then also sent him cards to get autographed which he gladly did for everyone.

So here's the video I watched that he just posted about 12 hours ago, and although I don't know if this was my box as he said he has a few other boxes of this, it's pretty cool to see him opening boxes in what he calls "Looking for my own card."

I thought it was pretty neat and I thought maybe you guys would enjoy it too!

Yeah, thats pretty cool. I have enjoyed his videos for awhile now. He makes them interesting to watch.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Oh man...POST IT PLEASE

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
remember getting screamed at by a few very tightly wrapped suckers back then. the good old days.

ps dont you dare say anything bad about a hyped prospect.

Pills

Aug 7, 2008
He posts a lot of high end breaks.

I tweeted at him a couple of months ago - he still never found the red refractor auto from 04 draft.

glc00

Aug 25, 2008
Illinois
Last week I sold a box of 2004 Bowman Baseball Draft Picks & Prospects to a buyer. I packaged it up and sent it out quickly. I sent an email to the buyer as I always do letting them know it's been shipped out and when they can expect it. So just now I sent a follow-up email since I see the buyer has received it on Friday, again it's something I always do to make sure the buyer is happy with what they received and their overall satisfaction with the transaction.

SO, I go to contact the buyer and I see the name Phil Hughes, which I guess I hadn't noticed perhaps in my haste to get it packaged and dropped in the mail. I thought, ok, I know that name but then as this ole' noggin started working I thought "Wait a minute, the guy's name is Phil Hughes, He bought a box of 2004 Bowman Draft, and in this product there is a pitcher drafted by the Yankees who has his Autographed card in it by the name of Phillip Hughes." His eBay name is philspullz. So then I googled Phil Hughes and found he has a YouTube channel called Phil's Pulls. Maybe some of you already know this but I did not.

So I checked out the video and sure enough it is Phil Hughes, former MLB pitcher and Yankees Draft Pick. And for some older BMB members here you'll remember him being a member and posting many pics of cards that Topps and other Co's had sent him to sign. I know a lot of people then also sent him cards to get autographed which he gladly did for everyone.

So here's the video I watched that he just posted about 12 hours ago, and although I don't know if this was my box as he said he has a few other boxes of this, it's pretty cool to see him opening boxes in what he calls "Looking for my own card."

Cool story Randy.
The good old BMB.... do you write BMB HOF after your name when you sign autographs? ;)

glc00

Aug 25, 2008
Illinois
LOL!!!

che stadium

Aug 16, 2008
I recall that whole bit with Phil Hughes so well. It all began with someone posing the question "does anyone know of any players that are on these boards" (or something to that effect). Then a reply came in with "Me" followed by a smiling emoji. Phil then shared some cool pics of him signing stacks of cards so we could see what the process looked like.

che stadium

Aug 16, 2008

He states that he hadn't opened the product in a long time so I would presume it's your box!

Members online

Latest posts