Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

DAVID PRICE TRADED TO THE TIGERS!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
I'm drinking tonight...A LOT.

If you are making this trade, why even get another pitcher. We will always need bats because we can't develop them. We don't need pitching, why even ask for Smyly. And don't get me started on Nick "I strike out in 50 percent of my at bats" Franklin. Adames could end up being the best player we got but it'll be quite a few years before we know.

I'm done with thinking about this. There is absolutely no justification.

MATT GARZA got infinitely more in return for the Rays than this. guyer, archer, fuld, chirinos, ju lee return for garza.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
I'd be passed out drunk tonight, if I were a Rays fan. This trade was an abomination. The Rays most likely tire kicked Price for too long and Friedman was pressured to go for any port in the storm. The Dodgers are absolutely laughing because their counter offers were probably 10 times better as Friedman became greedy. Oh well.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
Wish the DBax coulda offered something equivalent or better than that. I'm sure many other teams are wondering why they didn't pitch something to try to steal him

Ryan

And what would they do with him? They are going no where this season and doesn't seem next year they could beat the Dodgers or Giants. Those are the years that Price is under control and Arizona doesn't have a lot of money.
Also, not taking into account the farm depletion that Towers made.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
Think about the long term deal Dombrowski made.

1. After 2008 season, trades Matt Joyce to TB for Edwin Jackson
2. After 2009 season, trades Edwin Jackson (and Granderson) for Scherzer and Austin Jackson (plus others involved).
3. Now, trades Jackson in a deal that gets Price.

In a round about way it's almost like getting Price for Joyce. If you consider Granderson got Scherzer.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Can't the League Office over-turn this one, NBA-CP3 style?

Just awful. And I'm not just saying this 'cuz I'm an A's fan...

Members online

Latest posts