Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dimitri Young selling his PSA 10 rookie card collection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
JoshHamilton said:
SINFULONE said:
ballerskrip said:
I would love an explanation on WHY IN THE HELL PSA would put Dmitri Young's name on flip????? That is stupid. I wouldn't want a slab with his freaking name on it.

Try reading the damn thread.

Me? I made the 3rd post....

Even though PSA and BGS does this, it doesn't make any difference to me. I personally think it is very lame.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
ballerskrip said:
JoshHamilton said:
SINFULONE said:
ballerskrip said:
I would love an explanation on WHY IN THE HELL PSA would put Dmitri Young's name on flip????? That is stupid. I wouldn't want a slab with his freaking name on it.

Try reading the damn thread.

Me? I made the 3rd post....

Even though PSA and BGS does this, it doesn't make any difference to me. I personally think it is very lame.

Nah, he's evidently trying to jump on me because I accidentally hit "submit" on my new mobile device's tiny screen before I finished my reply.Whoopty damn doo, I made a typo.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
matchpenalty said:
You know W will do the same thing when he sells off his collection.

Yeah but his collection isn't like Dimiti's or even Nicholas Cage or Mile High when it comes to comics. The cards Dimitri collected, and the comics in the two collections mentioned above, are items that are a big part of the hobby. Wossa seems to spend more of his money on prospects. I can't say what all he buys because honestly I have enough of a hard time keeping up with my own collection let alone cyberstalking a guy. But if what you collect is prospects, they may not even make it to the majors. Expensive collection? Yes. Will anyone give a damn about 3/4's of those cards 5 years from now? Probably not.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
predatorkj said:
matchpenalty said:
You know W will do the same thing when he sells off his collection.

Yeah but his collection isn't like Dimiti's or even Nicholas Cage or Mile High when it comes to comics. The cards Dimitri collected, and the comics in the two collections mentioned above, are items that are a big part of the hobby. Wossa seems to spend more of his money on prospects. I can't say what all he buys because honestly I have enough of a hard time keeping up with my own collection let alone cyberstalking a guy. But if what you collect is prospects, they may not even make it to the majors. Expensive collection? Yes. Will anyone give a damn about 3/4's of those cards 5 years from now? Probably not.

Awesome point. BUT, years from now he could have the BEST 1/1 card in the world of MANY hall of famers, and all time greats. It truly could/will be an unprecedented collection. I don't follow what he buys. BUT, imagine someone have the Braun, Longoria, Kershaw, Fielder, Lincecum, etc Superfractor 1/1 Autos among the MANY that he has in his collection. 20 years from now, it will be on display as one of the best collections ever accumulated. We shall see, but it is certainly possible.

***I realize that he doesn't have all of those....

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
matchpenalty said:
Wowser. Must need cash.

yea, an unfortunatel baseballer probably having kids and baby mama's to support can do that to a guy.

I just hope the sale is because he's refocusing on doing something else non-hobby related rather than having to raise cash for kids/exs.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I actually think it pays homage to the guy who acquired that kind of collection. its one of the best collections out there. I would have no problem with that on the label.

dp33

Jun 2, 2009
yea, an unfortunatel baseballer probably having kids and baby mama's to support can do that to a guy.

I just hope the sale is because he's refocusing on doing something else non-hobby related rather than having to raise cash for kids/exs.

Or he plans to sell the cards to launch a foundation for youth baseball players in Ventura County, Calif.

http://sports.yahoo.com/photos/tk-slideshow/

PSA would probably grade your first guess a 1, but you might get a 4 or 5 on your second guess.

Members online

Latest posts