Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Do 1998 Pacific Online Winners Exist for All Players?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Wow, that's a MAJOR score. Well done sir. I'm surprised you had a cool enough hand to play the BO instead of the BIN, but hey it worked out. I really think you might have gotten it for 1/10 of what it'd sold for at auction!

I just had a similar dilemma with a Robbie Alomar 1/1 tonight. The price was $60 and I initially put in a $50 BO. But then I realized the listing was from Burbank Sportscards, which keeps fairly regular daytime hours. So I didn't want to wait another 12+ hours overnight hoping that nobody would scoop it up. So I just said screw it and bought it for $60...

I won the Clemens and just received it in the mail today. As a fairly advanced Clemens collector, I am absolutely over the moon. I am honestly not sure why I didn't immediately mash on the BIN and instead tried a BO I do not know. habit I guess. Had I missed it because of that it would have been a hard one to get over. The seller and I ended up negotiating for a price significantly lower than the original BIN. I do not believe he knew just how rare the card is. He said he was the original owner, having redeemed the card himself back in 98. he recently went through his old cards and found the clemens. I am not sure what market value would be due to rarity, but I believe banjar to be correct. a 1/1 flair masterpiece of Clemens sold in early summer I believe for $2500.00

I would imagine this one to be either 1/1 or 1/2

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
Wow, that's a MAJOR score. Well done sir. I'm surprised you had a cool enough hand to play the BO instead of the BIN, but hey it worked out. I really think you might have gotten it for 1/10 of what it'd sold for at auction!

I just had a similar dilemma with a Robbie Alomar 1/1 tonight. The price was $60 and I initially put in a $50 BO. But then I realized the listing was from Burbank Sportscards, which keeps fairly regular daytime hours. So I didn't want to wait another 12+ hours overnight hoping that nobody would scoop it up. So I just said screw it and bought it for $60...

Been there, haha! Excited to see the addition.

bighurt

Oct 10, 2017
Maine

thanks. if i ever get the chance to acquire the online winner Clemens Checklist, no best offer funny business. probably straight to BIN unless it is a ridiculous ask. it is so hard to arrive at value with no comps. any idea if the Checklist winners are more or less desirable than base? normally i prefer to have base if i only can have one, but maybe most consider the CL to be worth more/more desirable.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I always remember that draft bust in NBA from Gonzaga.... terrible stache. I though his name was Brennan so this pic took a while to find, had to search "biggest draft busts moustache" :ROFLMAO:

Screenshot-31.jpg

bighurt

Oct 10, 2017
Maine
I am so pleased to have acquired the Clemens checklist online winner!! I feel like I overpaid, but I just had to have it. There is not much info on these cards out there. I am starting to believe these may be 1/1's. I guess the only one who could tell us for sure is mike Cramer. Here is a photo now that I have it in hand! by the way, there was no attempted negotiations for this card. I ended up getting for the opening bid and would have paid more. only because I wanted to complete the clemens run. I still cant believe I fooled around negotiating on the first card. the seller actually told me that he had received a higher offer after he accepted my offer and he still shipped to me. a stand up guy.
20220611_182800.jpg

Last edited:

Cyanoprism

Apr 17, 2013
Happy Valley, OR
Hey all. Been gone from this forum for years but happy to be back. Have been diligently trying to complete my Rusty Greer PC. If anyone ever finds the Online Winner (if it exists), there's a $100 bounty in it for ya (assuming I'm able to purchase it).

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Here is the other Clemens that I acquired back in October.
Just now seeing this, musta missed your post sback in July when I was sick

Item # 1 you showed came from Chris Frosts collection, which he acquired when he purchased numerous folders that came from Dov Kelmers PC direct from the CA sellers. Dov was a trust fund baby who manufacturers dealt direct with and had collected Clemens since the mid 80s through mid 2000's. Had stuff no one else could afford. That one is authentic. I even know the sub info he sent that item in on. Chris is using SMR to sell off his PC stuff and pay for the roof on his retirement place . Good buy on that one (y)

Item # 2 is fake.... many reasons I don't care to share on why. Suffice to say doesn't pass my smell tests at all

Strangely klute14 (Keith) and you both live Maine, collect Clemens , and collect the Big Hurt
Coincidences tend to iron themselves out later on based on my experiences :unsure:

jeff

bighurt

Oct 10, 2017
Maine
Just now seeing this, musta missed your post sback in July when I was sick

Item # 1 you showed came from Chris Frosts collection, which he acquired when he purchased numerous folders that came from Dov Kelmers PC direct from the CA sellers. Dov was a trust fund baby who manufacturers dealt direct with and had collected Clemens since the mid 80s through mid 2000's. Had stuff no one else could afford. That one is authentic. I even know the sub info he sent that item in on. Chris is using SMR to sell off his PC stuff and pay for the roof on his retirement place . Good buy on that one (y)

Item # 2 is fake.... many reasons I don't care to share on why. Suffice to say doesn't pass my smell tests at all

Strangely klute14 (Keith) and you both live Maine, collect Clemens , and collect the Big Hurt
Coincidences tend to iron themselves out later on based on my experiences :unsure:

jeff
Not sure what you are implying here... If you have something to say, spit it out or dont say anything.

As far as the second clemens being fake, unless you have actual reasons and not cryptic vagaries, i would refer you to my first statement. I have inspected both cards very closely, under magnification and they check out. PSA disagrees with you as well.

Do you own an actual copy in hand for research/comparison purposes?

Last edited:

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
Not sure what you are implying here... If you have something to say, spit it out or dont say anything.

As far as the second clemens being fake, unless you have actual reasons and not cryptic vagaries, i would refer to my first statement. I have inspected both cards very closely, under magnification and they check out. PSA disagrees with you as well.

Do you own an actual copy in hand for research/comparison purposes?

I wouldn't read too much into anything that guy says. He makes claims and then can't back them up. He's stated several times he has an entire set of 1992 Colla All-Star Promos but conveniently can't produce an image of a single card.

Members online

Latest posts