Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ebay buyer asking for cancellation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

longbomberz

Aug 11, 2008
Just sold a card via BO and got this message:

"ok so we have a problem. i meant to offer you 50$ instead of 60, and when i tried to retract when i realized it was too late...can we cancel transaction?"

Given the fact that there is a confirmation screen before you submit an offer, this seems like BS to me. Should I just let it go and let him cancel or is it worth standing up for in your guys' opinion?

ljw29

Feb 3, 2010
Cancel that way save yourself hassle of him returning the card damaged and you being screwed.

/10

Aug 1, 2011
If you file an NPB, he might end up paying and then go to town on your DSRs and feedback. Not worth $10 and the hassle. Just issue the refund politely, cancel the transaction, and relist.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
moxacaine said:
wolfmanalfredo said:
File npb, guy is trying to play you

This is what I would do.

I've had this happen a couple times recently. I don't buy it. Had a guy offer me $20 a piece for 5 2007 Sterling Todd Frazier 9.5 autos. He had about 32 hours to retract his bid before I saw it and accepted it. After I sent him an invoice, he said he made a mistake and wanted to cancel. After an exchange of a few emails where I stated that he had the opportunity to retract, didn't, I accepted, we have a contract, please pay. He asked to mutually end, I declined. He agreed to pay because he realized he'd be the bidder that he hates dealing with. He paid, I shipped, I got good feedback.

In another situation, I had a guy offer me over $600 for a Harper Ref Auto 9.5. I accepted. A short while later he sent me 2 emails about how he would be paying shortly and how quick could I ship. Then 8 hours later he informs me that he made a mistake and thought he was buying a Hosmer or something like that. I don't buy it. I told him that I would be filing a NPB. He has since offered to pay me $10 to buy out of the NPB, but frankly, he can keep the $10. I want to be paid for the auction, or I want the security of a NPB to protect my feedback.

I'm tired of rolling over and backing down just because it's easier. If you're going to be on ebay, take some personal responsibility with the way you conduct your business.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
If this guy's feedback is spotless give him the benefit of the doubt. If it is questionable file a NPB.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Amen Jim.

BowmanChromeAddict said:
moxacaine said:
wolfmanalfredo said:
File npb, guy is trying to play you

This is what I would do.

I've had this happen a couple times recently. I don't buy it. Had a guy offer me $20 a piece for 5 2007 Sterling Todd Frazier 9.5 autos. He had about 32 hours to retract his bid before I saw it and accepted it. After I sent him an invoice, he said he made a mistake and wanted to cancel. After an exchange of a few emails where I stated that he had the opportunity to retract, didn't, I accepted, we have a contract, please pay. He asked to mutually end, I declined. He agreed to pay because he realized he'd be the bidder that he hates dealing with. He paid, I shipped, I got good feedback.

In another situation, I had a guy offer me over $600 for a Harper Ref Auto 9.5. I accepted. A short while later he sent me 2 emails about how he would be paying shortly and how quick could I ship. Then 8 hours later he informs me that he made a mistake and thought he was buying a Hosmer or something like that. I don't buy it. I told him that I would be filing a NPB. He has since offered to pay me $10 to buy out of the NPB, but frankly, he can keep the $10. I want to be paid for the auction, or I want the security of a NPB to protect my feedback.

I'm tired of rolling over and backing down just because it's easier. If you're going to be on ebay, take some personal responsibility with the way you conduct your business.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
homerun28aa said:
If this guy's feedback is spotless give him the benefit of the doubt. If it is questionable file a NPB.

Since sellers can't leave bad feedback his feedback should.always be clean.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
jcmint said:
homerun28aa said:

Since sellers can't leave bad feedback his feedback should.always be clean.

True enough, it sucks that when you open a dispute against someone you can't leave them feedback doesn't make much sense.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
I vote, accept the cancel and move on. It's just not worth the hastle and the potential problems you will encounter if you try to carry out the transaction. Annoying, yes, but so would a dispute and the loss of the card all together. It's just better to not deal with the idiots whatsoever.

cartersprings

Aug 7, 2008
MN
This has happened to me twice in a two-week span. I just agreed to cancel them.
One of them didn't even take the time to accept the cancellation request so I had to wait a week just to close it. ::facepalm::

Hopefully this isn't a growing trend. :?

/10

Aug 1, 2011
clarkfan said:
I vote, accept the cancel and move on. It's just not worth the hastle and the potential problems you will encounter if you try to carry out the transaction. Annoying, yes, but so would a dispute and the loss of the card all together. It's just better to not deal with the idiots whatsoever.

And don't forget to add the guy to your banned bidder list. Or at least I would.

Members online

Latest posts