Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

eBay/Paypal Issue - Beware of member

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=260997153614

Sold this card^

Had it listed for a $24.99 BIN, buyer emailed me asking if I would take 20. So I lowered my BIN, buyer bought it and paid.

Few days later he messages me with this:
After looking at the card and I also had someone else look at it there is a small dent on the front of the card directly above the number two. I was wondering if you could give me a discount on this item. I want to keep this card for my collection. Can you let me know what you would like to do? Thank you Tom

I replied with:
I can offer you a full refund if you would like to ship the item back. Sorry that I did not notice the damage when I listed the item.

Followed up with this from the buyer:

I WOULD LIKE TO KEEP IT FOR MY COLLECTION BECAUSE I BEEN LOOKING FOR THIS RARE CARD FROM TWO YEARS OR MORE. I WAS HOPING YOU COULD WORK WITH ME ON THIS SO I DO NOT HAVE TO SEND IT BACK TO YOU. I DO NOT KNOW IF I WILL EVER FIND THIS RARE CARD AGAIN. THANK YOU TOM

I followed up with this, trying to be as professional as possible:
You are more than welcome to keep the card, it sounds like it is still in NM-MT condition. Not sure if it matters to you or not but I did lower the price from 25 to 20 at your request. Please let me know what you would like to do, I will try my best to help out.

That was the end of communication with him, he opened a dispute while bumping it up to a claim. This was well over a week ago, he shipped the card on the 7th and I got it today. What was in the package you ask?

2008 Upper Deck Timeline Gold #44 BV $2.50
Paypal saw it was delivered and refunded his money.

I have already called paypal and they have opened an appeal on the case so I don't think there is anything else I can do as of right now. Anyone had this happen to them before?

eBay member-
packerssuperbowl122012

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
What was the original card?
Listing was removed?

Thomas.jpg

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
What a ******** move.

I've blocked him.
Sorry it happened. Good luck with paypal. Hopefully they can make it right.

If not, return the favor and send him bubble mailer "goodie" bag of dog poo!

ArtVandelay

Jul 6, 2010
Since this was escalated, I would have videod myself opening the unopened package returned from the buyer. That is a form of mail fraud and very stupid that someone would do that over a $20 card.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
Waiting on paypal but the dispute guy was not happy about it and said the guy could get in major trouble for this. All over $20

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
UPDATE:

Got an email from Paypal asking for additional information. I have to either go get a police report and fax it in or fill out a form and have it notarized. I will be doing one of these out of principle but should I try to contact the member first and see if he has changed his mind on how he wants to play this or just keep it all on my end until I hear otherwise.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
I'd maybe try and settle it between you and the other guy first, if not.....................

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
UPDATE:

Got an email from Paypal asking for additional information. I have to either go get a police report and fax it in or fill out a form and have it notarized. I will be doing one of these out of principle but should I try to contact the member first and see if he has changed his mind on how he wants to play this or just keep it all on my end until I hear otherwise.

After reading the threads/posts on here about people having issues with asinine ebay buyers, why does Paypal just take the buyer's word that the item is not as described/wrong item/never arrived yet in a circumstance like this, the seller has to jump through hoops to get his money back?

Members online

Latest posts