Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Edit: Yankees acquire Lance Berkman and Austin Kearns

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canocollector#1

Aug 16, 2008
BIG APPLE
Re: Edit: Yankees acquire Lance Berkman

Buster Olney

Heard this: The Yankees continue to work on other deals, and expect to make at least one and maybe two more acquisitions.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois

Canocollector#1 said:
Buster Olney

Heard this: The Yankees continue to work on other deals, and expect to make at least one and maybe two more acquisitions.
They are only saying this so the likes of Boston and the Rays have to go work the phones and then acquire guys that won't help them. This has been the Yankees tactics for years. But is will not surprise me that the Yankees go out and get a few more guys in the next day as well. This to has been the Yankees business model for years. They give away the farm system for the now and not the future.

Canocollector#1

Aug 16, 2008
BIG APPLE

darocker80 said:
I guess I missed something. Wht is this brett wallace talk i am hering? He got moved from the jays?

The Astros acquired Anthony Goose from the Phillies in the deal for Oswalt and then traded Goose straight up for Brett Wallace.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land

Canocollector#1 said:
darocker80 said:
I guess I missed something. Wht is this brett wallace talk i am hering? He got moved from the jays?

The Astros acquired Anthony Goose from the Phillies in the deal for Oswalt and then traded Goose straight up for Brett Wallace.
man wallace has bounced a lot!

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008

Pine Tar said:
[quote="Canocollector#1":13oufrzi]Buster Olney

They are only saying this so the likes of Boston and the Rays have to go work the phones and then acquire guys that won't help them. This has been the Yankees tactics for years. But is will not surprise me that the Yankees go out and get a few more guys in the next day as well. This to has been the Yankees business model for years. They give away the farm system for the now and not the future.[/quote:13oufrzi]

excatly who have they given up in recent years that actually is good. That was the old Yankee way of doing things not anymore,
Great move getting Berkman and not giving up anyone they can drop him right in the dh slot and be confident that he will handle himself. He wont be here next year thus we wont be paying his salary. He will help this lineup and he sees a ton of pitches. He will fit right in. Great rental.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto

jcmint said:
Pine Tar said:
[quote="Canocollector#1":3ohf0f2q]Buster Olney

They are only saying this so the likes of Boston and the Rays have to go work the phones and then acquire guys that won't help them. This has been the Yankees tactics for years. But is will not surprise me that the Yankees go out and get a few more guys in the next day as well. This to has been the Yankees business model for years. They give away the farm system for the now and not the future.

excatly who have they given up in recent years that actually is good. That was the old Yankee way of doing things not anymore,
Great move getting Berkman and not giving up anyone they can drop him right in the dh slot and be confident that he will handle himself. He wont be here next year thus we wont be paying his salary. He will help this lineup and he sees a ton of pitches. He will fit right in. Great rental.[/quote:3ohf0f2q]

Yah, I'm surprised that Berkman would request that the option not be picked up. I don't see him making close to 15M next year, or even realistically 13 which is what he'd have to clear after the buyout.

You never know, I guess.

I don't know how the Astros are going to clear Lee's 18.5x2YR though. Lee's currently the *least* valuable position player in the bigs.

Canocollector#1

Aug 16, 2008
BIG APPLE

Yankees are paying 3 of the 7 million dollars left on Berkmans salary this year.

Yankees will send Mark Melancon and Jimmy Paredes to the Astros

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008

RandomH said:
That's crazy. Anyone feel bad for the Astros now? I mean who's the face of the team now?

My guess would be Hunter Pence.

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire

championMan said:
John sterling HR calls for Berkman could be (Fat Elvis hit one to Puma Land)

I predict something more hokey from Sterling ......"Sir Lance a Lot"

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
and now I can officially give up on collecting melancon ::facepalm::

have well over 100 auto's of him and a lot invested. guess i might as well throw it on ebay now

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire

Pine Tar said:
[quote="Canocollector#1":29c1nngx]Buster Olney

They are only saying this so the likes of Boston and the Rays have to go work the phones and then acquire guys that won't help them. This has been the Yankees tactics for years. But is will not surprise me that the Yankees go out and get a few more guys in the next day as well. This to has been the Yankees business model for years. They give away the farm system for the now and not the future.[/quote:29c1nngx]

They need friggin relief pitching!

Members online

Latest posts