Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Edit: Yankees acquire Lance Berkman and Austin Kearns

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
The Oswalt deal didn't bother me. I loved rooting for him but for some reason was never really emotionally invested in the guy other than wanting him to win. Seeing Berkman in a Yankees uniform is going to be very very hard.

And to those who didn't understand his option request, he doesn't care how much money he makes. He wants to be able to pick where he plays next year. That is far more important than the money. A lot of talk around here is that he wants to come back to Houston next year for next to nothing.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Eric Hinske would do the job. He's why I'm predicting the Braves make the WS.

He's 2 for 3 in WS in the last three years, with his only loss coming as a member of the Rays. He took the Sox and Yanks to the promised land.

With that said, if they don't have to eat Berkman's 2011 contract, it's really not all that much money to give yourself a player of his caliber.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
I don't think the Yanks are paying Kearns anything.....

....I think KEARNS is paying the Yanks!

Hell, this is the best team he has ever been on (has he ever been on a .500+ team?!) and he wants a WS ring!

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
scotty21690 said:
I don't think the Yanks are paying Kearns anything.....

....I think KEARNS is paying the Yanks!

Hell, this is the best team he has ever been on (has he ever been on a .500+ team?!) and he wants a WS ring!
Well then he should have gone to Texas then :lol: GO Rangers

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
Seriously conflicted here. Kearns is my favorite non Red Sox player and I'm not exactly a big fan of the Yankees. Good luck to him maybe more people will list his stuff now...

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
Pretty sure one of Berkman's pre-requisites on being traded was that the team doesn't pick up his 2011 option, for $15M.

So the Yankees don't have to necessarily worry about Berkman next year.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Skorris CCBC said:
Pretty sure one of Berkman's pre-requisites on being traded was that the team doesn't pick up his 2011 option, for $15M.

So I take it his mind is set on retirement?

David T.

Sep 4, 2008
vwnut13 said:
Skorris CCBC said:

So I take it his mind is set on retirement?

I've heard the same thing that was mentioned earlier in this thread. (Or maybe it was the Oswalt trade thread?)
I heard Berkman wants to finish this year with the Yankees and then sign back with Houston at a pretty reasonable salary.
I know that sounds strange, but Berkman's from Texas so maybe he wants to retire an Astro?
It's a very strange time to be a Houston Astros fan, but I am, and always will be.
David

Members online

Latest posts