Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Edwin Jackson throws no hitter!!! 149 pitches 8 walks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
Re: Edwin Jackson No hitter through 8 innings...134 pitches

cowboysrule48 said:
This game is the exact reason that I feel no-hitters are one of the most overrated accomplishments in sports.

exactly.
how are they supposed to hit if the ball is a foot behind them?

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore
Re: Edwin Jackson No hitter through 7 innings...

RL24 said:
xcantgobackx said:
Why do I have a feeling The Rays are going to win this game? I don't want them to, just a feeling. Go Edwin!

After that long foul ball I was thinking wouldn't it be amazing if the Rays won right now with a walk off HR? That would be wild!

Congrats to Edwin Jackson, that was very exciting to watch!

Good job, Edwin! Glad I was wrong!

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California

cowboysrule48 said:
This game is the exact reason that I feel no-hitters are one of the most overrated accomplishments in sports.

What? It's an incredible accomplishment. Can you even begin to fathom how many balls that are not even hit hard become hits every game? So many of these don't ever make it past the first inning. The stars have to alone perfectly for this to happen. It's not overrated at all; its incredibly difficult to do. Maybe your just getting sick of seeing it as a Rays fan. He wasn't walking people every inning they all came pretty much in the first three innings.. Big ups to A.J Hinch, they only had a one run lead but he risked the game to give his pitcher a chance to do something special.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
So damn... I'm bettin' that next time somebody approaches Edwin with a towel full of shaving cream, he's going to try to punch that person in the face before they are able to accomplish their mission.

That was (%&*& up!!!!

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA

cowboysrule48 said:

Its an incredibly difficult thing to do. If it were that easy, more people would have them.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont

cowboysrule48 said:

Why, because the oh so mighty THIRD place Rays have had it done to them THREE times in the past year and a half.

Not to mention twice of those were perfect.

yakacack

Apr 13, 2009
Tampa, FL

cowboysrule48 said:

Don't be mad that the Rays are crap as of late.

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
It has NOTHING to do with me being a Rays fan! He gave up 8 walks and hit one batter!!!

A guy that goes CG and only allows 3 hits and no walks is far more impressive to me.

I was rooting for Braden when he pitched his, because a perfect game is truly something special.

I can't see how anyone can say Edwin Jackson pitched a great game tonight.

jdbrak

Feb 16, 2009

then you are a) stupid b) blind c)both

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
I happen to have one ending on Sunday and since the final out i have been getting a lot of interest in the auction

GarkoCollector said:
Just wish I sold on ebay. I'd be listing my Jackson RC/Auto collection right now.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
cowboysrule48 said:
jdbrak said:

Okay... I'm stupid for thinking that walking 8 guys and hitting another isn't a great game.

You're right. That wasn't a great game.

8 Walks and No runs. What a Joke.

Third place Rays.

jdbrak

Feb 16, 2009

Okay... I'm stupid for thinking that walking 8 guys and hitting another isn't a great game.

That is what i posited above, yes

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
cowboysrule48 said:
jdbrak said:

You must not have ever played baseball. Either that or you sat the bench and never played.
Who cares if he walked 8 guys? No hits, No Runs, won the game.
/thread

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
vwnut13 said:
cowboysrule48 said:
jdbrak said:

You're right. That wasn't a great game.

8 Walks and No runs. What a Joke.

Third place Rays.

This isn't about the Rays! I would say this no matter who it was against!

On the surface you see no-hitter and think "Wow, he must have been dominant!" You look closer and see he gave up 9 base runners plus the error which is 10.

To ME a complete game 2 or 3 hitter with no walks is more impressive than what he did tonight. Hence why I said no-hitters are overrated (not perfect games). I don't see why people are bashing me for my OPINION that giving up less base runners is a better performance.

Members online

Latest posts