Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Edwin Jackson to the White Sox for Dan Hudson/David Holmberg

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Re: Daniel Hudson About to be Traded?

Jaypers said:
HoustonTeams4Me said:
bodiaz said:
Jaypers said:
gogosox40 said:
[quote="Jaypers":2scelgui][quote="gogosox40":2scelgui]Are you a Sox Fan?

Nope. Kenny made certain of that.

What does that mean?

Because they traded Hudson away and because your not a fan of Kenny Williams your not a sox fan?

I'm a fan of prospects getting the chance to make a difference with their teams.

Kenny Williams job is to win, not play prospects! I would hate for you to be a GM, you would have a loaded farm system and zero talent in the mlb, which id all that matters! Your constant obsession over 18 year old boys is disturbing! I really hope you do society a favor and sell your ice cream truck, and stay away from chucky cheese.

Wow, now I know why most everyone on this board don't like you (I was curious why that was until you just showed me firsthand what a first-rate d-bag you could be). Stay classy & keep on building those bridges! ;)[/quote:2scelgui]

Toss him on your Foe List, as I have. You'll be glad you did.[/quote:2scelgui]

Just to touch on the "obsession over 18 year old boys".... I happen to really enjoy researching and buying cards of prospects (young men, age 18-23). I can attest that I am neither homosexual nor a creep in any way. I don't know him personally, but I'm sure Jaypers is also neither homosexual nor a creep in any way.

There's nothing wrong with getting involved with prospecting young rising stars. If there was, then baseball cards of them would not exist.

So basically what I'm trying to say is, don't be a complete *******. Over the last few months, I've heard two or three people try to call other people creeps for an "obsession over 18 year old boys" and it may very well be the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

I'm sure you collect at least a certain player or two. Cardboard pictures of men. So by your logic, I guess an appropriate question for me to ask you is...are you gay?

Really, just shut the hell up because you sound like an ignorant moron for even bringing up such a subject.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
Does anyone think a move back to the AL is gonig to help Jackson. His numbers are terrible this year. I do not see this move helping the White Sox this year or in the future.

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
Re: Daniel Hudson About to be Traded?

bodiaz said:
Jaypers said:
HoustonTeams4Me said:
bodiaz said:
Jaypers said:
[quote="gogosox40":mw59rv9m][quote="Jaypers":mw59rv9m][quote="gogosox40":mw59rv9m]Are you a Sox Fan?

Nope. Kenny made certain of that.

What does that mean?

Because they traded Hudson away and because your not a fan of Kenny Williams your not a sox fan?

I'm a fan of prospects getting the chance to make a difference with their teams.

Kenny Williams job is to win, not play prospects! I would hate for you to be a GM, you would have a loaded farm system and zero talent in the mlb, which id all that matters! Your constant obsession over 18 year old boys is disturbing! I really hope you do society a favor and sell your ice cream truck, and stay away from chucky cheese.

Wow, now I know why most everyone on this board don't like you (I was curious why that was until you just showed me firsthand what a first-rate d-bag you could be). Stay classy & keep on building those bridges! ;)[/quote:mw59rv9m]

Toss him on your Foe List, as I have. You'll be glad you did.[/quote:mw59rv9m]

I'd rather be on your foe list than the sexual pred list.[/quote:mw59rv9m]

From the looks of those IP Autos looks like you're the one stalking dudes...........good luck with that.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Huffamaniac said:
Does anyone think a move back to the AL is gonig to help Jackson. His numbers are terrible this year. I do not see this move helping the White Sox this year or in the future.

I know his numbers are bad, but he hasn't been as awful as it looks. Plus, the worst bullpen in the Majors and an inconsistent offense hasn't helped either.

He was very good for about 8 games in the middle too. He's the ultimate teaser with great "stuff" (All-Star one time), but I think Chicago gave up too much for him and he's not the guy to win the division with. They still need another piece or so.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
The Dbacks literally dumped $30 million of salary in 2 deals and got back some decent prospects.

Obviously not a win-now attitude, but not bad in the longrun (hopefully)

If we can dump LaRoche for another 1 or 2 MLB ready guys, then move Kelly Johnson, I think we'll be alright.

A 2001-type team aint gonna happen for a longtime in AZ, but I liked the dumping of Jackson in this situation even though his stuff is phoenominal.

As long as Chad Qualls gets dealt for an actual player, i'll be happy

ozzie's translator

Aug 10, 2008
U.S. Cellular field
When looking from a fan viewpoint, I won't question Kenny.

From a prospecter view......ugh. Could you trade to the Mets or Red Sox?? I am praying they don't want to move Viciedo, and it seems they don't. I don't know why they can't use him as DH when Vizquel is at 3rd. Kotsay blows.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
HPC said:
The Dbacks literally dumped $30 million of salary in 2 deals and got back some decent prospects. Obviously not a win-now attitude, but not bad in the longrun (hopefully) If we can dump LaRoche for another 1 or 2 MLB ready guys, then move Kelly Johnson, I think we'll be alright. A 2001-type team aint gonna happen for a longtime in AZ, but I liked the dumping of Jackson in this situation even though his stuff is phoenominal.

As long as Chad Qualls gets dealt for A BAG OF DONUTS , i'll be happy

I agree, better to lose salary at this point. Besides Jackson would have left before they get consistently good, if his stuff came all the way back.

But I'll take anything for Qualls at this point.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
ballerskrip said:
dbacks fans, who is the closer now for your squad?

With their current crop: Aaron Heilman should get the nod (if Qualls goes)

...although, my suggestion is similar to a "run-what-ya-brung" night at the racetrack

"Bring Your Glove!" night would be a huge success as almost anyone from the stands can produce better than an 8.32 ERA

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland
ozzie's translator said:
When looking from a fan viewpoint, I won't question Kenny.

From a prospecter view......ugh. Could you trade to the Mets or Red Sox?? I am praying they don't want to move Viciedo, and it seems they don't. I don't know why they can't use him as DH when Vizquel is at 3rd. Kotsay blows.

+1

I won't question Kenny as well. But yes from a prospecter view I agree as well and I know who your talking about. I have a large stash of Hudson's as well. Dont know what to do yet.

ahill1

Aug 7, 2008
I was really impressed watching Holmberg pitch in High Schol down here...IMO he is going to be very good

Latest posts