Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Edwin Jackson to the White Sox for Dan Hudson/David Holmberg

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
Re: Daniel Hudson About to be Traded?

19braves77 said:
The D'Backs announced they've traded Jackson to the White Sox for Hudson and pitching prospect David Holmberg.

Nice job picking up on Holmberg being traded.

Seems like a nice package for Arizona.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010

Jaypers said:
Joshua.Roundtree said:
If Markakis is available, the Rays need to land him. If we could get Markakis instead of Dunn for a comparable package, that would be awesome. Give me a guy who can play the field, run, and hit instead of a DH. A trade would give Markakis a good jolt because he'd actually be playing for something outside of April and May.

Don't count on it. Friedman is perfectly content to sit on his hands and not do a damn thing to improve his chances of making it to the postseason.

It's important to look at the Rays, and understand what got them to where they are now. It wasn't by dumping prospects for a guy they will have for a half year, or for another year or 2. They built the powerful team they have now by evaluating talent in the draft, and developing that talent in the minors.

So, to expect the Rays to make a big trade just really isn't realistic. Sure, it would be nice to add Adam Dunn-but is he really worth the price to get him for 2 months+? To me, I don't think he is. They already have the left-handed Adam Dunn(Carlos Pena), though he doesn't hit for quite the average Dunn does.

Now Markakis, that is a different story. He is actually a guy I would give up some talent for, but who knows what the O's want. I just wish Friedman would have dealt BJ Upton already, that guy needs to go. Get Jennings up, and you lose absolutely nothing-but gain some prospects by dealing Upton.

Is it really worth giving up Hellickson, or Matt Moore + for Adam Dunn? That is what I'd assume the Nats would want(given their demands from the White Sox), and that just doesn't make sense if you ask me. I don't really see why Friedman NEEDS to make a move. The only 2 moves he needs to make are Jennings and Hellickson, if they really think they need a bat or pitcher.

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland

Jaypers said:
gogosox40 said:
Jaypers said:
Good for you, Kenny. Keep trading away your top prospects as you always have done and always will.

Jul. 30, 2010 - 11:13 a.m. ET

Joe Cowley of the Chicago Sun-Times reports that White Sox general manager Ken Williams "has something big cooking."

Originally, Cowley indicated that the trade for Edwin Jackson could be off, but now he reports that the trade could still happen, independent of what Williams is working on right now. According to Cowley, that deal is just being delayed while Williams "tries to shock the world." Either way, Cowley is told that there's "zero" chance that Daniel Hudson will make his scheduled start against the A's on Friday.

Source: Joe Cowley on Twitter

The Sox want to win and Win Now. Everyother prospect they have traded has never been an allstar or something awesome to write home about.

How COULD they, when he always trades them before they even have the chance????!!!!

Dont get me wrong. I love my White Sox. They COULD on the new teams they have been traded too. I like Hudson alot and my 25 Autos of him could prove it. (Mostly because he was a Sox). But they also have Chris Sale too.
Being a sox fan I am OK with this trade.
but from what Joe Cowley - Chicago Sun-Times reporter says "The day is not over - Trust Me"
More to come from the White Sox front

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL

gogosox40 said:
But they also have Chris Sale too.

Expect him to go bye bye the instant he's eligible.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL

gogosox40 said:
Jaypers said:
gogosox40 said:
Are you a Sox Fan?

Nope. Kenny made certain of that.

What does that mean?

Because they traded Hudson away and because your not a fan of Kenny Williams your not a sox fan?

I'm a fan of prospects getting the chance to make a difference with their teams.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
200lbhockeyplayer said:
My Holmberg stash is now equally worthless...White Sox or Diamondbacks.

You'll be fine, trust us.

Signed,
Aaron Poreda and Dexter Carter

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland

Jaypers said:
gogosox40 said:
Jaypers said:
gogosox40 said:
Are you a Sox Fan?

What does that mean?

Because they traded Hudson away and because your not a fan of Kenny Williams your not a sox fan?

I'm a fan of prospects getting the chance to make a difference with their teams.

I know what your saying. But if the Prospect is good enough he will make it with any team.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
I hate when people drastically overvalue prospects.

Everyone PRAISED Seattle when they made this trade saying they fleeced the White Sox,

- Jeremy Reed
- Miguel Olivo
- Michael Morse

How'd that work? Jeremy Reed was a top prospect in all of baseball.

Freddy Garcia pitched 7 shutout innings in the clinching game of the world series for the whitesox in a 1-0 win.

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009

Jaypers said:
gogosox40 said:
Jaypers said:
gogosox40 said:
Are you a Sox Fan?

What does that mean?

Kenny Williams job is to win, not play prospects! I would hate for you to be a GM, you would have a loaded farm system and zero talent in the mlb, which id all that matters! Your constant obsession over 18 year old boys is disturbing! I really hope you do society a favor and sell your ice cream truck, and stay away from chucky cheese.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008

bodiaz said:
Jaypers said:
gogosox40 said:
Jaypers said:
gogosox40 said:
Are you a Sox Fan?

What does that mean?

Kenny Williams job is to win, not play prospects! I would hate for you to be a GM, you would have a loaded farm system and zero talent in the mlb, which id all that matters! Your constant obsession over 18 year old boys is disturbing! I really hope you do society a favor and sell your ice cream truck, and stay away from chucky cheese.

Wow, now I know why most everyone on this board don't like you (I was curious why that was until you just showed me firsthand what a first-rate d-bag you could be). Stay classy & keep on building those bridges! ;)

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL

HoustonTeams4Me said:
bodiaz said:
Jaypers said:
gogosox40 said:
Jaypers said:
[quote="gogosox40":3reyuvlf]Are you a Sox Fan?

What does that mean?

Wow, now I know why most everyone on this board don't like you (I was curious why that was until you just showed me firsthand what a first-rate d-bag you could be). Stay classy & keep on building those bridges! ;)[/quote:3reyuvlf]

Toss him on your Foe List, as I have. You'll be glad you did.

RedsFan2993

Jul 14, 2010

bodiaz said:
Jaypers said:
gogosox40 said:
Jaypers said:
gogosox40 said:
Are you a Sox Fan?

What does that mean?

Woah, that's really uncalled for.

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009

Jaypers said:
HoustonTeams4Me said:
bodiaz said:
Jaypers said:
gogosox40 said:
[quote="Jaypers":2knq9hnt][quote="gogosox40":2knq9hnt]Are you a Sox Fan?

What does that mean?

Wow, now I know why most everyone on this board don't like you (I was curious why that was until you just showed me firsthand what a first-rate d-bag you could be). Stay classy & keep on building those bridges! ;)[/quote:2knq9hnt]

Toss him on your Foe List, as I have. You'll be glad you did.[/quote:2knq9hnt]

I'd rather be on your foe list than the sexual pred list.

RedsFan2993

Jul 14, 2010

bodiaz said:
Jaypers said:
HoustonTeams4Me said:
bodiaz said:
Jaypers said:
[quote="gogosox40":awmuocxr][quote="Jaypers":awmuocxr][quote="gogosox40":awmuocxr]Are you a Sox Fan?

What does that mean?

Wow, now I know why most everyone on this board don't like you (I was curious why that was until you just showed me firsthand what a first-rate d-bag you could be). Stay classy & keep on building those bridges! ;)[/quote:awmuocxr]

Toss him on your Foe List, as I have. You'll be glad you did.[/quote:awmuocxr]

I'd rather be on your foe list than the sexual pred list.[/quote:awmuocxr]

If he's a sexual predator for liking prospects, what's that make everyone here that collects pictures of guys?

Members online

Latest posts